Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 PM

11 posts, read 16,040 times

Advertisements

would like to move there but have no idea which areas to avoid (industrial, high crime), areas that are really expensive, etc...
I'll be renting when I first get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,080 times
You need to tell us if you're a parent or not, your age bracket, and your budget.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
why do you want to move here? where will you be working?

The "Tampa Bay" area is VERY spread out...and there are all sorts of neighborhoods that will fit your criteria, but unless you know where you'll be working, it is very difficult to name anything! your post is very vague.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM

11 posts, read 16,040 times
I'm simply asking which areas to avoid, which areas are the "rich" areas, which are industrial, etc...
No offense, but saying how many kids I have and what I'm looking for doesn't have anything to do with telling me what the areas of Tampa are like. For instance, I can easily tell you which neighborhoods in Philly are the poor, inner-city; which are the "high class" luxury; and the areas that are industrial, i.e. have no houses.
Looking on a map, I cannot tell any of this info.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
Tampa Bay is very, very spread out and there are good neighborhoods next to bad. I can name a dozen "expensive" areas and a lot of dangerous areas. Unless we know where you are going to be working (i.e. downtown St. Pete, Largo, Carollwood, Riverview etc.), what your budget is and what kind of lifestyle you are looking for (family friendly, single) we can't give you an idea of where to look.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Most of Tampa is kinda bad, Rent in a nice hood like Danashores and you will be fine, or some other fancy hood.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpat888 View Post
I'm simply asking which areas to avoid, which areas are the "rich" areas, which are industrial, etc...
No offense, but saying how many kids I have and what I'm looking for doesn't have anything to do with telling me what the areas of Tampa are like. For instance, I can easily tell you which neighborhoods in Philly are the poor, inner-city; which are the "high class" luxury; and the areas that are industrial, i.e. have no houses.
Looking on a map, I cannot tell any of this info.
I grew up in Tampa and now live across the Bay, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

The "good" areas are Hyde Park/Bayshore/Westshore/Davis Islands. I am lumping these together because they are in pretty close proximity to each other. They are close to a lot of cool restaurants and shopping. These areas are what I would consider "luxurious".

Another good area is Westchase/Countryway and part of Citrus Park. These areas are more "suburban" feeling.

Carrollwood is also nice, although the traffic is really dicey there.

I would avoid Town and Country (unless you are considering Pelican Island or Dana Shores). I would also avoid certain areas around USF and Temple Terrace and the neighborhoods surrounding Blake High School (a bit north of 1-275).

Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM

99 posts, read 146,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpat888 View Post
would like to move there but have no idea which areas to avoid (industrial, high crime), areas that are really expensive, etc...
I'll be renting when I first get there.
Your best bet is to take a look at this neighborhood income website: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed This is going to give you the best idea or scope of of what the 'better' areas are around the Tampa Bay region. Obviously the higher the income (darker greens) the nicer the neighborhood is going to be. At the zoom level where it doesn't label the majority of the roads, it labels a good chunk of the neighborhoods.

Last edited by Yac; 03-29-2013 at 06:35 AM..

Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
so much for that... im going near Oldsmar,,, can hit the beach or downtown Tampa in 20/25 min- 4 malls in 20 and airport in 5- 8 min to the Veterans -even though it's T&C its on the outskirts of the city, but alot of NEW stuff movie theater, etc. near Oldsmar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: