Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 05:09 PM

15 posts, read 21,285 times

Advertisements

I graduate from usf in a few weeks and my lease ends on the 31st. I still dont know what I want to do post graduation; I was planning on staying here for a few months and look for a job etc. However, my apartments (on50) will only do leases up to august and I will not do that. Its kind of odd but no one has rented my apartment but they will still not let my extend my lease.

Anyways, I needed a new place but I have a very specific requirement: it has to have a short term lease, preferably 3 months. I have a feeling I will not be able to do find anything. I will extend my search outside the usf area but would like to search here first.

Any recommendation?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,047,707 times
Some places offer month to month leases, but it will cost you more, sorry I don't know of any in that area. Did you talk to the office mgr or just an office worker about extending your lease. OM is the only one who can make that call.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:31 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,551,401 times
What's your budget. Do you have a lot of stuff?

Old 12-04-2008, 04:33 PM

15 posts, read 21,285 times
I have a very flexible budget, I pay a good amount for my one bedroom here. I also dont have alot of stuff because on50 is furnished. I am willing to look into anything, even a longer lease but nothing exceeding 6 months. Basically on50 told me that they would only extend to August, which I do not want to do. I talked to the manager in charge and they told me this.

I am willing to extend my search to any apartments that offer a 6 month lease that are out of the general usf area. I would prefer a one bedroom but am open to anything at this point.

I didnt think places did month to month leases for new tenants. I thought month to month was something that was done after a current residents lease had ended and they wanted to stay after their lease was up.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:35 AM

3 posts, read 10,859 times
looking to move asap.due to threats from my nephews and brother.have a ordre of protection but to no avail.they do other kinds of harassments that has no kind of contact,but yes to hurt me.i have people telling me they were trying to hire them to kill me.so need to move asap.can pay up to 1,000 a month.need four bedrooms.please help.thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 08:59 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,634,129 times
If I remember correctly, when we were moving down from NJ, many of the apartment complexes in New Tampa area had a 3 month, 7 month and 1 year rental. We had looked at Tampa Palms by I-75. You pay more for just the 3 month, a little less for the 7 month and even less per month for the 1 year rental. You could pick up one of those real estate magazine freebies at Publix or stop by the offices of some of the complexes. You could also try craigslist. Go to the rental/house share section. People may have a room to rent in their house or apartment and are willing to rent it out for just a few months. People are so strapped for extra income, they just may allow that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: