Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 10:23 AM

62 posts, read 194,526 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with this commute time? Is it a nightmare, or "doable"?

DH has a potential job offer from a company that is based in Sabal Park

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 09:42 PM

523 posts, read 2,829,465 times
Sabal Park as in Brandon? Yes that will not be a fun trip. I hope you can live in Brandon, Riverview area. The fastest way I can think of is coming interstate and I would estimate at least 1 hr.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:25 AM

Thanks! Yes, it's really close to Brandon. I'm trying to sell DH on the Brandon or Riverview area. I lived in Brandon (north of 60) until 1993, (moved to Tennessee), so a LOT has changed, but it looks like there are still nice areas.

Thanks again!

Old 02-23-2007, 07:09 AM

523 posts, read 2,829,465 times
Seffner also has some new homes going up, which would be close, I live in Lakeland , 30 mins from brandon and It is really more reasonable to buy here and they have everything here now, Taxes are about 10.00 per thousand value cheaper here. Lots of subs going in , One would be at countyline road exit and Interstate 4 just starting to build and it would be even closer than lakeland, but give you the value. I love Brandon, Seffner, Valrico,Riverview area, my family lives there, but I wanted a cheaper home I could afford.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:50 PM

53 posts, read 250,868 times
Default 45 minutes

Land O Lakes to Sabal park is about a 45 minute drive. I did it for about 5 years. It just depends what you are looking for in a place to live. I would choose Land O Lakes over Brandon any day. Brandon is very congested, Land O Lakes is a very family oriented community. Brandon has a mall, Land O Lakes does not- closest one is about 30 minutes away. Crime rates very low in LAnd O Lakes area ( I have lived here 18 years and have always felt safe). Schools are fantastic in Land O Lakes too, all are A rated.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the helpful information!

We have two children, one going into the second grade and the other will be starting kindergarten, so this definitely helps. So far from what I've seen, I prefer the schools in the Land O' Lakes area over Brandon/Riverview.

DH would not have to commute to the Sabal Park area on a normal basis, actually his "desk" would be based out of home and he would travel to different sites in the area, just the largest site is in Sabal Park. However, the companies I've been looking into working for in the Tampa area all happen to be in that area too.

We also may need after-school/summer care, so I'm probably going to post a separate thread about that.

Thanks again!

Old 02-25-2007, 06:13 PM

7 posts, read 21,012 times
Default Laekland: any /all info appreciated

We are thinking about moving to south lakeland [ not 100 % decided ].
Quality of public school and cost of living is top most priority.

Could you please give detail info about, south lakeland.

1] How is this place to live and raise family?

2] How are public schools.

3] Price for approx 3000 square foot house in good neighborhood in good school district in south lakeland?

3] Property tax for abouve mention house.

4] Is getting home owner insurance a problem in this area [ I am in Georgia, My friends here scared me saying " you can not get insurance in florida or it's very expensive ]

5] crime / drugs /gangs ?

6] Is it growing. I am a pediatrician hence new babys are important to me.

thanks

Raj

Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 4,185 times
I do commute from Land O Lakes to Sabal Park daily. The time is of day is key. I live in Grand Oaks just off 54, I am only a few miles from 75. I do not have to be in the office until 10:00 am, I leave my home between 9:30 - 9:45 and make it on time. so, for me, its about a 30 minute ride. I also leave the office at 2:00, well before the traffic begins again. I will say when the traffic is bad, it takes FOREVER. If there is so much as a person changing a tire on the roadside you will be backed up to a near complete stop.
The truck drivers are pretty bad on 75 as well, I have been nearly killed several times buy rude truck drivers that want to drive 90 miles per hour.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:31 AM

Belated thanks to all!
DH has been offered the job, so it's time to get serious!

Old 03-09-2007, 01:05 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I would pick Land-o-Lakes over Brandon any day, even with more of a commute. It is more beautiful and safe - Brandon is VERY congested, driving anywhere there is a nightmare, IMO. We have friends who live there and no matter where they want to go to eat it's a 2 hour wait. ugh, no thanks.

JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay