Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 07:41 AM

85 posts, read 249,319 times

Advertisements

Hello all! FINALLY!!!!.. FINALLY our home sold in NY and we purchased a home in Wesley Chapel last week. We move there in 30 days. My family and I are so excited. If anyone has been following my posts, we were looking in Trinity, Wesley Chapel, and LOL lakes area. After flying down last week and looking at literally 20+ homes in all 3 areas, we finally decided on a home in Wesley Chapel, put in an offer, and they accepted. Before I go on, I want to thank EVERYONE that has contributed to my past posts to steer me in the right direction, and telling me areas to avoid. Its much appreciated.

With that all said, we purchased a home in the Palm Cove community. Is anyone familiar with it? Can anyone give me some insight on it, and perhaps some opinions on it? It's a few minutes away from all the hustle and bustle of WC, and that's exactly what I wanted. Everyone in that area all seem so friendly. What's the general honest opinions of that community. I probably should have asked that before I purchased a home there lol.

Knowing where I am living, can anyone recommend day cares? I saw a "Kids r Kids" up the road, and while I know they are very good and highly reputable, they are also VERY expensive. I have 3 children, and they want $220 per week, per child. Almost $3,000 per month for day care seems pretty steep. Can anyone recommend another reputable day care providers in that area?

Doctors. Can anyone recommend good pediatricians, and good family practice doctors near that area? I am totally moving there knowing nothing. Would love a recommendation of very good doctors and pediatricians in the area.

Also, my wife and I are huge movie buffs. Noticed that Wiregrass doesn't have a movie theater? Found that strange. I know this seems like a silly question, but where is the nearest IMAX theater to Wesley Chapel? In my research I just found regular theaters. There must be an IMAX closer than Tampa.

Thank you again all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I can tell you a few things. Leland is the management company for that community.

The nearest movie theater is very close by and you just have to follow Overpass to Old Pasco rd and from there you will be able to get to the Groves at Wesley Chapel where the movie theater is located next to I-75. That is like 5-7 min. from your community. There is also a Best Buy, Ulta, Pet Smart, TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Dicks Sporting Goods, and other shops in that same mall/strip mall.

The post office is on Boyette road which is close by as well and I can't give any advise on child care or doctors.

Btw Palm Cove will in the next year be very close to a new planned exit from I-75 which is convenient.

Welcome to the area.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:07 AM

85 posts, read 249,319 times
Thanks Bentlebee! Good to know about that planned exit too. Would that be right from Overpass road?

Old 03-06-2015, 12:24 PM

877 posts, read 1,912,515 times
Your Child's Medical Home is very good. We go to the Lutz office.

What are the ages of your children? Where will you be working and what route will you take to work? That will give me a better idea of what childcare places to recommend.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:20 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguy4u View Post
Thanks Bentlebee! Good to know about that planned exit too. Would that be right from Overpass road?
I believe so and that the exit and access to I-75 are either directly from Overpass or they will create another way. There have been articles in the local newspaper (The Laker) that is coming once a week for free to homes in Wesley Chapel and perhaps other areas.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:27 AM

64 posts, read 90,210 times
Why not go to.....Care dot Com and hire a nanny. You would save a lot of money and with the major adjustment of the children moving, maybe this would be a better option. You do not state the age of your children, but I am assuming they are under 5?

Old 03-09-2015, 07:04 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,290 times
Congrats on the home purchase! I have couple friends living in Palm Cove and they are happy. If I am not mistaken it's one of few communities in WC without CDD and with reasonable HOA.

Daycares. The prices are dropping as kids are growing. Average price range for kids under 1 is 200-250 per week, and it drops by about $25 per week after each child's birthday. If you looking for something totally different from this price range, you might want to look for in-home daycare.
Not sure if you familiar with VPK, but if you child turns 4 by September 1 you can get VPK voucher and it will cover either few full days or half day all week for entire school year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay