Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,934 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell us anything about Land O' Lakes High School, Campus Security, Academics, and Athletic Programs......really appreicate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I have a meeting about this school, IB program this week in my kids Middle school...so I might know a little bit more, but as you already understand I have no experience at this moment. I only know what others have told me about the IB program at this school. Let me know if you want to know what I have learned, but maybe you aren't interested in their IB program just the regular courses.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,238,148 times
If it has an IB program its probably not to bad. I graduated 3 years ago but land o lakes wasnt in my distric. Overall id be willing to bet that its not a bad school since its not in a bad area. The only other IB program I know of is at Hillsborough high and thats a ghetto ass school.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I attented the IB meeting from the LOL school and from what i have learned and what i checked out on the internet, AP courses are just as good or even better to go to College. They advised me to check out the College websites which I did and noticed that there is more exceptance having taken AP courses.

Maybe if you live close by the LOL school it is worth to go there and do the IB program or just go there and take AP classes, otherwise it can be a long trip getting there and during that time your kid can have done their homework and get ready to play sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay