U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:18 PM

1,480 posts, read 4,600,342 times

Advertisements

What's ironic is that Town 'N Country is neither a town nor the country - just sprawl. Its name must have been a marketing ploy just like the subdivisions with streets that are named after the trees they knocked down to build.

Check out Seminole Heights or Riverside Heights (opposite side from Ricks on the River) just north - northwest of downtown Tampa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 07:47 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,808,348 times
or how all the neighborehoods that are called "xxx estates" are usually not the nicest homes lol

Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 PM

6 posts, read 48,021 times
Near the golf course area is fine, and I would venture to say between the golf course and Hillborough Avenue are fine. Its between Hillsborough and Waters around Sheldon Road that can be suspect. Personally I don't find it that bad but i don't spend alot of time in the area so...And I would avoid the "Heights" mentioned above.

I forgot to mention Oldsmar, further down Hillsborough avenue which is recently booming and generally a nice area.

Last edited by Itchiee; 12-01-2008 at 09:20 PM..

Old 12-01-2008, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
You will not see a strong return on your investment in the central Town N Country area (east of Sheldon Rd. around Hillsborough Ave. and Waters Ave.). Crimes by young people are notoriously bad in that area as well. You would fair much better in the Rocky Point area, though SR 60 is undergoing major construction and Memorial Hwy can have very congested traffic. Having access to the water will probably outweigh any negatives, though. Hope that helps!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Status: "Contemplating my next move in life!" (set 8 days ago)

184 posts, read 345,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar View Post
Depends on where. I live off Ehrlich euphemistically called the "Carrollwood area" by realtors, just north of T'N'C. My daughter played softball in the T'N'C area 10 years ago and I was a home health nurse in that area as well. The crime has gotten really bad and the gang activity as well. I was very aware of the deterioration of the area when I was driving around to visit people in their homes. I basically avoid the area now, but it could all just be impression rather than reality.
Are you a visiting hourly nurse or shift work?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Status: "Contemplating my next move in life!" (set 8 days ago)

184 posts, read 345,456 times
If you are latino, TNC is perfect for you.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:13 AM

369 posts, read 740,652 times
Bay Crest Park and Dana Shores are wonderful places to live. I would stay away from the Jackson Springs area.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 AM

239 posts, read 611,617 times
Now I am scared....we found a private school (montessori) that we like in Town and Country. It is just off Memorial on Civic Road. We don't plan on living there but after reading these posts I am a little scared about the thought of leaving our son in "gang terriroty" everyday.

I understand that it might not be a good place to buy a house but is it actually dangerous too? What about the school (Community Montessori)? Does anyone know it?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM

2,602 posts, read 7,445,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOnewplace View Post
Now I am scared....we found a private school (montessori) that we like in Town and Country. It is just off Memorial on Civic Road. We don't plan on living there but after reading these posts I am a little scared about the thought of leaving our son in "gang terriroty" everyday.

I understand that it might not be a good place to buy a house but is it actually dangerous too? What about the school (Community Montessori)? Does anyone know it?
Please don't be afraid. While I don't doubt a gang presence in T'n'C, it's not even close to South Central or the South Bronx or even Miami. I'm not familiar with that school, but I'm sure your kid will be fine there. Private schools are usually pretty safe.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:31 AM

239 posts, read 611,617 times
thanks ferret. I feel a little better. But saying that it is not the Bronx or Overtown still makes me unconfrotable!!! I don't even DRIVE through Overtown or Libery city...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay