Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM

55 posts, read 167,844 times

Advertisements

I'm in the market for buying a house and considering buying a home in the Rocky Point area of Town 'N' Country, across the street from the golf course. I currently live at Post Bay at Rocky point apartments, across from the Bahama Breeze on Courtney Campell Causeway. I love my current area. It's close to my office on Westshore, and close to South Tampa where I do all my leisure activities. I just registereed on this sight and found a lot of negatives about Town "n' Country and wanted more opinions. Is the area right by the golf course really that bad? I tried looking in South Tampa, but it's still out of my price range. Thanks.

Last edited by kuyaariel; 11-14-2008 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 AM

807 posts, read 3,186,562 times
IMO the T'nC area used to be very nice but over the years has deteriorated a great deal. There are parts that are worse than others of course but even the neighborhoods by the bay look broken down. Maybe a lack of HOA's to push homeowners to maintain properties was the problem. I personally don't care for the area north of the golf course. I'd say if you're happy where you are...why change?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:25 AM

55 posts, read 167,844 times
Well, I'm renting an apartment currently and would like to purchase a home.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:08 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,562 times
I'd consider going west to Safety Harbor or Countryside...but that's just me

Old 11-14-2008, 06:46 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,018 times
There's both good and bad in TnC. IMO, the Dana Shores area around the Rocky Point Golf Course is fine as are some other areas. The area around Jackson Springs has been known for gang activity and it's been well published in the local news.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 AM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,884 times
There isnt much good in TnC.. we like to call it town and compton.. I mean if you dont mind gangs, drug dealers, thieves and overall just ghetto housing then by all means, go for it lol. I personally would rather buy a house in brooksville and make the commute every day then live in TnC

Old 11-16-2008, 03:25 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,189,971 times
Contrary to some naysayers, not all of Town N Country is bad. There are some areas that are bad especially the area around Jackson Springs Rd where the older houses are and around the jr. HS.

Dana Shores is a great area. The only downside will be if there is a hurricane forecast to hit Tampa Bay then you will have to evacuate. I know several ppl who live in Dana Shores and they have lived there for many years. One is a doctor and the other is the CFO of a company.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:56 PM

150 posts, read 393,027 times
Depends on where. I live off Ehrlich euphemistically called the "Carrollwood area" by realtors, just north of T'N'C. My daughter played softball in the T'N'C area 10 years ago and I was a home health nurse in that area as well. The crime has gotten really bad and the gang activity as well. I was very aware of the deterioration of the area when I was driving around to visit people in their homes. I basically avoid the area now, but it could all just be impression rather than reality.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,189,971 times
I don't think anyone would disagree that there are some areas that you should avoid buying/renting a home in TnC but there are some areas that are not bad. I delivered Meals on Wheels all over TnC and while some nabes showed signs of neglect there are others that have remained the same or improved over the years.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:38 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,237,884 times
yeah i guess if dana shores is considerd in tnc then its not ALL bad, but anything that the average joe can afford in tnc sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay