U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 PM

50 posts, read 208,137 times

Advertisements

I would appreciate help from anyone who live's in St Pete Beach or knows it well. I have found a small apt that i can rent for the winter. It is on the 600 block of 70th ave. does anyone know this neighborhood? Is this a safe area? Of course the owner of the Apt says yes, but i would like to hear from anyone who really knows if this might be a good place to hang out for the winter months.
Thank you

carlent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM

944 posts, read 3,595,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlent View Post
I would appreciate help from anyone who live's in St Pete Beach or knows it well. I have found a small apt that i can rent for the winter. It is on the 600 block of 70th ave. does anyone know this neighborhood? Is this a safe area? Of course the owner of the Apt says yes, but i would like to hear from anyone who really knows if this might be a good place to hang out for the winter months.
Thank you

carlent
This is really the only sketchy area of SPB. Safe, sure, all of SPB is, but I'd suggest living on Gulf Winds Dr. if you're looking in that price range. Most of those are drive-by so you won't find them on the net. There are also several other pockets of affordable small apartments, the best in my opinion are the duplexes on Debazan E., but those go quick. You may also find an efficiency somewhere on Pass-A-Grille but that will be difficult, impossible if you have a pet.

I don't think you'd be unsafe, but hearing drunk people slog down the street at closing time would be an issue there. I don't know, I wouldn't do it, but I can't stand loud noise late at night.

Before you rent, I can also show you how to look up your landlord through public records so you can see if they are at risk for foreclosure.

Last edited by Muggy; 11-14-2008 at 05:51 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM

944 posts, read 3,595,878 times
Gee, where did all of the realtors that like "helping a person find a place to live" go?

Anyway, here is how to learn about your potential landlord:

1. Go to ----> Pinellas County Property Appraiser
This is the county appraiser website, you can see who owns the property and how much they paid. Red flags would be high buy prices, out of town owners, multiple owners, trusts, someone other than who wants the deposit... search by address

2. Once you get the owners name, go to -----> https://pubtitles.co.pinellas.fl.us/login/loginx.jsp?goto=/mainmenux.jsp
Click on "Guest Access" then official records, enter the last name of the owner and you can see if the are pending foreclosure, refi'd, whatever...

And sorry Carlent, the property you PM'd me is most likely
1. involved in fraud
2. at risk of foreclosure
3. will cost you your deposit
4. has multiple, out-of-town owners

I wouldn't do it.

Last edited by Muggy; 11-16-2008 at 05:43 PM..

Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM

3 posts, read 14,947 times
Default Paradise is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlent View Post
Thank you

carlent
I am a cab driver here and I rent an apartment on 69th Avenue 1 block east of the address you asked about and I love it here. We used to have some problems, but I love my neighbors now and this is my Paradise. 70th Ave does get a little noisy occasionally, but people tend to move a bit here and you could have all new neighbors in a month, anyway. Our police officers rock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or