Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 5,770 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Tampa from Missouri to attend USF. The move was fairly spur of the moment, so the apartment I'm currently living in is very near the airport, which does not make for an ideal commute for school. I am trying to look for an apartment closer to campus, but am having little luck in making any decisions. I have done quite a bit of research, but am very overwhelmed by the number of options there are. Also, I have read a number of reviews regarding the apartments, which are leaving me feeling a little weary. I would like to live within 5 miles of the campus, and I'm trying to decide if the collegiate style apartments or a typical apartment complex is more ideal. I would like a better opportunity to meet people, which I have discovered can be difficult at a campus this size if your not the most outgoing. But also, I am nervous because of the horror stories I have heard when it comes to the roommate matching. I do have a dog over 50lbs as well, but I'm not sure if he will be moving with me. I am hoping current/former tenants can give me their opinions on the different apartments in the area. Any comments or tips??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:51 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
I lived in Monticello (sp?) not to shabby except I didn't like the roommates.

Try poking around here USF -=- University of South Florida Community's Journal

Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 PM

198 posts, read 959,657 times
I lived in quite a few different appts in and around the USF area when I attended there. Fontana hall is a really big college housing building that is just north of fowler. My girlfriend at the time lived there and I really did not like it, but maybe it has changed since then. I started in 1 bedroom apts and gradually added roommates over the years. St croix, oak ramble, carrington park, and plantation oaks were all decent apts that I had lived at. Cypress Run was also ok, but it has been a few years so I cant say how they are right now.

Generally, you need to stay east of bruce b downs and avoid suitcase city at all costs. Note that the apts on 42nd and 46th street will have lots of other students and some of them do party quite often. Its best to drive around on a friday or sat night and check out the area before signing any leases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay