Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Did any one see great deals? I'm getting the feeling that the prices are not that much lower than they were when they were on sale and that is most of the time....maybe I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 AM

81 posts, read 308,415 times
I found there are some good deals on some of the good printers. Otherwise nothing much. On Blue Ray discs also there are good deals as some of the stores are going to sell it for $10..but I'm sure for that you would have to stane in a line from night before or it will be gone.

For me, I'm just going to check out whatever is available online on BF sale from Buy.com/Amazon/C City/BBuy and likes..cant stand for so long in a queue in front of their stores to first get in and then even more frustrating is to stand in a checkout line for 2-3 hours ..last year C City really pissed lot of ppl off..they bought from BF online deal and chose to pick up from store..then after waitin so long in a queue they were told that the item was no longer in inventory

Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sncoupons View Post
I found there are some good deals on some of the good printers. Otherwise nothing much. On Blue Ray discs also there are good deals as some of the stores are going to sell it for $10..but I'm sure for that you would have to stane in a line from night before or it will be gone.

For me, I'm just going to check out whatever is available online on BF sale from Buy.com/Amazon/C City/BBuy and likes..cant stand for so long in a queue in front of their stores to first get in and then even more frustrating is to stand in a checkout line for 2-3 hours ..last year C City really pissed lot of ppl off..they bought from BF online deal and chose to pick up from store..then after waitin so long in a queue they were told that the item was no longer in inventory
Omg that is horrible standing in line for nothing. I was in line at CC and was able to buy what i came ofr and was one of the first in the checkout line so we could do so many stores in a short time I had to go back later to CC and I heard people saying they were in line for almost 3 hours.....

This year i found the CC and best Buy add's not that great but maybe I'm spoiled and already have it , ilike the GPS systems that are on sale but I don't really need it. The few times I need a map I either go to mapquest or AAA....

Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM

198 posts, read 959,599 times
I have found plenty of deals. The question is do I want to get up at 4am and fight a 1,000 other people for hours on end for the same few items or wait a week and spend a few buck more....?

Old 11-25-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureCoastFL View Post
I have found plenty of deals. The question is do I want to get up at 4am and fight a 1,000 other people for hours on end for the same few items or wait a week and spend a few buck more....?
My experience is that it is also a lot of fun. It is like people are all thinking that they are crazy for standing in line early and that makes them all have something in common.

If you are able to buy the deal you are looking for, it is even more fun. I expect the lines not to be a s long as in the past since I heard on tv that more and more people only can pay by using cash since their credit card limits have been lowered or they don't have them anymore, so more chances for the rest of us....I don't want to sound mean but if you spend your money wisely you still should be able to buy stuff...

Old 11-27-2015, 09:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
2015 Update:

Anyone get out there today?

Madness?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:31 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
I went over to Dick's last night. They had some nice deals. That's the extent of my shopping during this madness.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:40 AM

seems like you can get stuff online with free shipping - that's where most of my consumer dollars go.....and those #$#$@#@#!!! Tampa Bay Rays hit me up for the 2016 Season Ticket package while I was in the spending mood.....

Old 11-27-2015, 12:02 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,375,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
I went over to Dick's last night. They had some nice deals. That's the extent of my shopping during this madness.
I went to Dick's last year at 5:00 pm on Thanksgiving. There were maybe 30 people outside waiting for the place to open. Otherwise, the mall was like a morgue.

RM

Old 11-27-2015, 01:56 PM

Wonder if terror threats of late has any affect on the turnout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay