U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2006, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,573 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Brandon in the near future and want to know if there is a downtown, more urban area in which to live? Any downtowns in any other towns close by? (Not Tampa, too far) Thank you for responding. I will be looking for a rental first, unless I find the perfect urban location I can purchase.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-07-2006, 07:03 PM

141 posts, read 713,534 times
I love Brandon, but it is way overcrowded. There is not really a downtown though, however most of Brandon is urban looking. I think it's beautiful. Another nice city nearby is Lakeland, with a nice downtown. It's about the same size as Brandon, except its not packed into a little amount of space like Brandon. Where are you coming from?

Old 02-08-2006, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,573 times
Default Diversity

I am coming from St. Pete. I am attracted to neighborhoods with diversity as its goal, perhaps an international community with people of different races, religions, lifestyles. Somewhere where people are accepted and embraced for their differences. My current neighborhood has none of these things, everyone is white, christian and judgemental. I am eager to find somewhere where diversity is welcomed in Florida. Certainly a place like that exists.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:12 PM

6 posts, read 48,069 times
Brandon is getting very overcrowed but its a nice area. Although I prefer the Valrico area better its more suburban (next door). But brandon does have alot of diversity and its generally nice, although a lot of traffic at times. From what i've seen the homes are affordable but are rising like everywhere else. My girlfriends parents live there in a nice community called Heather Lakes. Well good luck.....

Old 03-03-2006, 09:21 AM

312 posts, read 1,789,660 times
I lived in FL for 20 years and knew some small towns very well. St. Augustine is a great place to live - historical, beautiful beaches, hugh outlet shopping centers, and more. The average housing cost is $180 and up. If you want to buy a brand-new house, youl have to grab it before they build it - they're pretty gone quickly. You can find employments nearby - Jacksonville, Palm Coast, Flagler.

South Daytona - a small town feel. Housing price is $170k and up. Job market is good, depending on what type of job you're looking for. Drawback: Bike Week. Very noisy in the area during the first week of March.

Port Orange - growing area. Housing price is $170k and up. Family population area. Mobile Home parks are growing for over 55.

Ormond - nice, but expensive to live there - high tax, house price is $200k and up, hotels/condo are spreading more.

Ponce Inlet - very nice and expensive to live there. Beautiful dunes.

Stay away from Daytona Beach and Holly Hill - not a great place to live. Daytona Beach is a great place to shop, but not to live there.

Hope this help. Good luck

Old 03-03-2006, 10:47 AM

9 posts, read 84,075 times
ya things have changed alot on both the west coast as well as the east coast. for ex. i remember when i was younger west palm international airport was nothing more than a few pavillions and private plains. i cant say the same now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay