U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM

33 posts, read 113,069 times

Advertisements

Anyone knows about The Villas Condominiums in New Tampa? Is this a good area? Any comments on the neighborhood? How close is it to the beach?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 04:05 PM

It's not a new condo complex. It's about 8 yrs. old.

My brother and his wife are looking into buying a condo there. Have 2 kids.

Any thoughts on the area/complex?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 11,997 times
not sure it's a good buy... If it is good, I want to get one, too. There is a lawsuit by the hoa against developer for structure defects. And the hoa fee is very high, like $465 for a 3/2 unit, and $320 for a 2/2. And there are a lot of foreclosures in this community now. Anyone has insights about this place like what are the defects and how much it will cost to fix them?

Old 12-08-2008, 05:34 PM

7 posts, read 22,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suestar123 View Post
not sure it's a good buy... If it is good, I want to get one, too. There is a lawsuit by the hoa against developer for structure defects. And the hoa fee is very high, like $465 for a 3/2 unit, and $320 for a 2/2. And there are a lot of foreclosures in this community now. Anyone has insights about this place like what are the defects and how much it will cost to fix them?

Thanks suestar......this is good information.

I would be interested in knowing what are the defects on this property.
The building looks good on the pictures on the website.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suestar123 View Post

Good to know this. Would you know if the HOA $ amount is monthly or yearly? I'm curious to know the kind of structure defects that the property has too. It sure looks good on the internet.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 11,763 times
ANy more info on Villas of Tampa?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 22,793 times
Does anyone know the defects for the The Villas Condominiums have not been able to find out and how are they being paid for.. email bobauditor@aol.com

Old 02-14-2009, 06:03 AM

16 posts, read 47,003 times
I'm an owner / resident living at the Villas, to answer your questions:

1. The defects are significant, water penetrated the roofs and stucco causing wood rot (It's my understanding the builder didn't use a moisture barrier such as TYVEK to prevent this). There is currently a lawsuit and the projected cost to fixe runs in the millions. Our prior HOA started repairs but then abruptly stopped, that is why some buildings look better than others (No buildings were actually repaired, they were just 'opened' and remain that way today).

2. The HOA's are high, but were lowered somewhat this year (I still pay $240/month for a one bedroom unit, down from $300 last year).

3. This is a good area, however I have noticed more crime lately. I think the level of safely depends a lot of the location of the unit within the complex. I've never had any issues in my area, however I've heard that it differs greatly depending on where you live.

At the prices these units are going for now I would recommend them, a 1400 sq. ft. 3/2/2 for $50k is definately worth a gamble.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 AM

2 posts, read 22,793 times
Default Villa Owner

Can I forsee that the builder is not going to pay for the damage and the home owners will be asessed the cost per unit to repair.. I know they are a good deal but not if down the road you get billed for 30,000 each to repair if the builder go under for protection. Where does the suit stand with regards to their liability.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 10,616 times
Learning and know from what u know now. If I were gonna buy one, what part of the complex would you request?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay