Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy101 View Post
also guilty here, scooters and twinkes does make you look.
OK, just out of sheer curiosity, why do you think people were looking at me when I was using a scooter? (see above post as to why) I am not overweight at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 11:54 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magijasakymaro View Post
OK, just out of sheer curiosity, why do you think people were looking at me when I was using a scooter? (see above post as to why) I am not overweight at all.

Because some of us are just nosy by nature.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM

329 posts, read 774,991 times
sorry for the mix-up i was quoting kathleen1971 about scooters and junk food, was not about you

Old 04-13-2010, 12:22 PM

149 posts, read 467,224 times
Only got through the first page so I'm sure most of this has been covered thoroughly, but the drivers here are among the WORST in the entire country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post

I know exactly what your talking about regarding the red lights, I always hesitate before going on green...
This is a must. Green definitely does NOT mean go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aripekan View Post
You're right about the shopping carts!!!!! Ha Ha I love it here, but I did notice that cars TAILGATE here. It's dangerous and rude. But, Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives. Angela
They tailgate like crazy! Something wrong with these people. All lanes will be congested and they'll still be right on your ass. Then they'll switch lanes and ride the other guy.

They also gun the gas right on your ass into red lights. It's like they don't have enough sense to look ahead and see the light in the distance and realize that everyone is going to be stopping and you aren't going to get anywhere any faster by keeping your foot on the gas. They love to gas it up and then slam on the brakes. I'll take my foot off the gas completely if I see a red light ahead, not them.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:44 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Exactly.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I think the reason there is a stereotype of lazy heavy people on those scooters is because some of us are nosy and look at what they have in their cart. It's kind of hard to assume someone has a legit medical condition when they are 300 lbs and have the cart loaded with nothing but junk food. Not saying it's right but it is what a lot of us see all the time. And for the record I am not just nosy about scooter peoples carts. I peek at everyone's. Me am bad sometimes lol.
....and also when ppl driving these seem to think they are the ONLY ones that will ride through an isle and will frown AT ME for being in that isle and trying to make a two way situation....by saying: "excuse me"! next time I will take pictures...which usually speak much louder than words.
I am really not nosy about it, because usually when I go to the store I am there with the purpose of getting our stuff and not care what others do, but when they are looking at me as if "I" should drop the red carpet for them and assume that because they ride that cart they are special in some way, that is usually when I notice who's riding! of course if the person is 400lbs, well, that's like a train coming at me! so, I don't really have to be nosy there, I hope you can picture it! if I didn't push my own cart I would fear for my life as they could easily turn ME into a red carpet! or when they hit me and keep driving like nothing happened......I hope you don't expect me to have "compassion" for such individuals. I can understand you're having a problem, be it that you are overweight per your own self control issues, heart problems, PMS whatever, saying "excuse me", "sorry", "I didn't mean to do that"......or make a joke..." my right hand is quicker than my left, I couldn't turn it fast enough"....I don't care, say something, don't hit ppl and drive by or frown at me because I need to get Ketchup too and you're sitting parked in front of it thinking about what birthday candles to get on the other side of the isle!

It is very disturbing because in a month's time @ my Publix I don't even see 3 old ppl riding these, I see the old ppl walking and the overweight driving these, something really wrong with that picture. But then again, considering ALL the conditions the "overweight' accumulate along with the pounds.....sure, I could try to "see" them as being disabled....but will still hold common sense against them if it lacks and is THAT obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Cin! View Post
Unfortunatly it seems that your happiness or rather extreme UN-happiness does come from these people since you are always noticing them and complaining about them. Ever think that maybe your blood wouldn't boil so much if you just learned to live and let live?
You must be kidding! so I should let someone hit my stroller, with no reason, wake up my baby, maybe I should also say :"thank you"! Are you joking? THIS IS EXACTLY what encourages this behavior, ppl who could care less, this epidemic of ignorance! I POINT these behaviors to my kids, and show them and explain to them WHY that was wrong, and the right way to handle it, can't beat a live example to back up my lecture.
Once again, this is completely PARALLEL with anyone's happiness....you seem to not be able to make the difference between happiness and common sense! one has little to do with the other, you can be happy, unhappy: MANNERS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS! I am not holding the door for someone so I can feel "happy", I hold it because their hands are full and they need an extra hand which our bodies are not equipped with! I think it bothers you and others that I am pointing this out instead of just letting it go and turn the other cheek too when someone is directly rude to me! it is the same thing when we drive, why do you think car manufacturers equipped our cars with horns? same thing applies, if someone is having breakfast and doesn't move when the light turns green, so we can horn and let them know it is time to go....green means go! stop lights were not installed so ppl can take breaks from driving, they are installed to let ppl from more than one direction drive without hitting other cars! Duh! not my fault that nowadays ppl choose to catch up with other stuff while sitting @ a light.

As far as Disney is concerned....we've been going for the last 8 years, frequently and I have to tell you, ppl got worst and worst about being courteous and show common sense, ppl run over my feet with strollers and don't bother to say "excuse me, I didn't see you, mean it etc".....nothing...it doesn't make Disney the "unhappiest place on Earth" either, nor makes me unhappy, but it does hurt my toes....so, if my toes could talk, should they say "thank you" to the jerks for running them over? sorry, you won't catch me condone this behavior nor will "I" promote it, nor PRETEND it doesn't exist!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy101 View Post
sorry for the mix-up i was quoting kathleen1971 about scooters and junk food, was not about you
No worries. I wasn't taking it personally, just genuinely curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Because some of us are just nosy by nature.
OK, fair enough. LOL

Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM

371 posts, read 1,190,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Exactly.....

....and also when ppl driving these seem to think they are the ONLY ones that will ride through an isle and will frown AT ME for being in that isle and trying to make a two way situation....by saying: "excuse me"! next time I will take pictures...which usually speak much louder than words.
I am really not nosy about it, because usually when I go to the store I am there with the purpose of getting our stuff and not care what others do, but when they are looking at me as if "I" should drop the red carpet for them and assume that because they ride that cart they are special in some way, that is usually when I notice who's riding! of course if the person is 400lbs, well, that's like a train coming at me! so, I don't really have to be nosy there, I hope you can picture it! if I didn't push my own cart I would fear for my life as they could easily turn ME into a red carpet! or when they hit me and keep driving like nothing happened......I hope you don't expect me to have "compassion" for such individuals. I can understand you're having a problem, be it that you are overweight per your own self control issues, heart problems, PMS whatever, saying "excuse me", "sorry", "I didn't mean to do that"......or make a joke..." my right hand is quicker than my left, I couldn't turn it fast enough"....I don't care, say something, don't hit ppl and drive by or frown at me because I need to get Ketchup too and you're sitting parked in front of it thinking about what birthday candles to get on the other side of the isle!

It is very disturbing because in a month's time @ my Publix I don't even see 3 old ppl riding these, I see the old ppl walking and the overweight driving these, something really wrong with that picture. But then again, considering ALL the conditions the "overweight' accumulate along with the pounds.....sure, I could try to "see" them as being disabled....but will still hold common sense against them if it lacks and is THAT obvious.

You must be kidding! so I should let someone hit my stroller, with no reason, wake up my baby, maybe I should also say :"thank you"! Are you joking? THIS IS EXACTLY what encourages this behavior, ppl who could care less, this epidemic of ignorance! I POINT these behaviors to my kids, and show them and explain to them WHY that was wrong, and the right way to handle it, can't beat a live example to back up my lecture.
Once again, this is completely PARALLEL with anyone's happiness....you seem to not be able to make the difference between happiness and common sense! one has little to do with the other, you can be happy, unhappy: MANNERS DON'T HAVE FEELINGS! I am not holding the door for someone so I can feel "happy", I hold it because their hands are full and they need an extra hand which our bodies are not equipped with! I think it bothers you and others that I am pointing this out instead of just letting it go and turn the other cheek too when someone is directly rude to me! it is the same thing when we drive, why do you think car manufacturers equipped our cars with horns? same thing applies, if someone is having breakfast and doesn't move when the light turns green, so we can horn and let them know it is time to go....green means go! stop lights were not installed so ppl can take breaks from driving, they are installed to let ppl from more than one direction drive without hitting other cars! Duh! not my fault that nowadays ppl choose to catch up with other stuff while sitting @ a light.

As far as Disney is concerned....we've been going for the last 8 years, frequently and I have to tell you, ppl got worst and worst about being courteous and show common sense, ppl run over my feet with strollers and don't bother to say "excuse me, I didn't see you, mean it etc".....nothing...it doesn't make Disney the "unhappiest place on Earth" either, nor makes me unhappy, but it does hurt my toes....so, if my toes could talk, should they say "thank you" to the jerks for running them over? sorry, you won't catch me condone this behavior nor will "I" promote it, nor PRETEND it doesn't exist!
So what exactly did you do when the person hit you and your stroller and woke up your baby? Did you stop them and educate them as to their poor behavior and manners? I am sure that they are much better people for having you educate them as to the error of their ways.

I do not see how you can say that I encourage anyones poor behavior, nor say that I am part of an epedemic of ignorance, or that I do not know the difference between happiness and common sence. This sounds like a resort to name calling as a response to being called out. Do I come onto this board and rant and rave about all of the injustice done to me, all the rude people I encounter every day, how much I hate living in a place that I am apparantly Stuck in and everything that is wrong with said place and the people that inhabit it? No, I don't think so. I try to make the best of any situation. If I dont like a situation that I'm in, then I do something to change it. I dont sit and sulk and rant and rave about how the world around me is full of injustice towards me. I would hedge to bet that most people reading the things that I post about would consider me to be a fairly well adjusted and happy individual. Could the same be said about you? I don't think so. And I'm just going by the responses to the things you post.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Called out on what? apparently you seem to have a problem with ppl looking for common sense! that 's why scientists are considering us Superior to animals, if a cow hits me, I won't expect it to say "excuse me" as they can't talk or reason the same way ppl do! you seem bothered by me because I mentioned that I see more and more ppl being very rude and have no manners, any nationality, (all tho, let me tell you, I HAVE YET TO SEE 1 INDIAN from INDIA being rude @ Disney, they walk and mind their own business and are very polite, I wonder why), and on the other hand you are trying to tell me that "this is the way it is here" tough s**t! maybe that is for you.....so, I'm guessing if I hit you with my stroller you will assume that's OK? WOW! OK! I 'll leave it to that.....because it is obvious you're not getting my point!

I didn't say anything to that person....I wasn't the one at fault, as all I did was get up from the bench I was sitting....they came from the other side of the same bench, behind me, rushing like there was no tomorrow yupping in Spanish and pushing ppl out of the way....to be the first when those gates open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Cin! View Post
So what exactly did you do when the person hit you and your stroller and woke up your baby? Did you stop them and educate them as to their poor behavior and manners? I am sure that they are much better people for having you educate them as to the error of their ways.

I do not see how you can say that I encourage anyones poor behavior, nor say that I am part of an epedemic of ignorance, or that I do not know the difference between happiness and common sence. This sounds like a resort to name calling as a response to being called out. Do I come onto this board and rant and rave about all of the injustice done to me, all the rude people I encounter every day, how much I hate living in a place that I am apparantly Stuck in and everything that is wrong with said place and the people that inhabit it? No, I don't think so. I try to make the best of any situation. If I dont like a situation that I'm in, then I do something to change it. I dont sit and sulk and rant and rave about how the world around me is full of injustice towards me. I would hedge to bet that most people reading the things that I post about would consider me to be a fairly well adjusted and happy individual. Could the same be said about you? I don't think so. And I'm just going by the responses to the things you post.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:57 PM

371 posts, read 1,190,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Called out on what? apparently you seem to have a problem with ppl looking for common sense! that 's why scientists are considering us Superior to animals, if a cow hits me, I won't expect it to say "excuse me" as they can't talk or reason the same way ppl do! you seem bothered by me because I mentioned that I see more and more ppl being very rude and have no manners, any nationality, (all tho, let me tell you, I HAVE YET TO SEE 1 INDIAN from INDIA being rude @ Disney, they walk and mind their own business and are very polite, I wonder why), and on the other hand you are trying to tell me that "this is the way it is here" tough s**t! maybe that is for you.....so, I'm guessing if I hit you with my stroller you will assume that's OK? WOW! OK! I 'll leave it to that.....because it is obvious you're not getting my point!

I didn't say anything to that person....I wasn't the one at fault, as all I did was get up from the bench I was sitting....they came from the other side of the same bench, behind me, rushing like there was no tomorrow yupping in Spanish and pushing ppl out of the way....to be the first when those gates open!
Hehehe. Yet again you ignore what you dont want to answer and dodge and round about the stuff that you decide to answer. No, I do not have a problem with you looking for common sense, if you need some, go for it, I'm sure you can find some somewhere.

So...as for the people hitting you and your stroller...you said nothing to them? So, what you're saying is that you ignored it and didnt say or do anything? You let them think that it was 'OK' to do that to you and there fore you 'enforced their bad behavior' and 'contributed to the epedimic of ignorance'? My, My. I'm not sure what to think of this behavior.

And those poor people at Disney, the ones that you pointed out as being hispanic (for what reason in the story was that important, sterotyping perhaps??) the one's that were sitting directly behind you, on the same set of benchs away from the boat entrance, the ones that just happened to get to the entrance before you did...THEY were 'rushing' because they got there before you did? If they left the same space away from the boat as you did, and they managed to hit you and your stroller, wouldn't that have put you both 'rushing' at the same time?

And no, Algia, I'm not bothered by you. Amused, yes. Bothered. No.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:10 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,743 times
Ugh. Speaking of Disney brings back a memory I blocked from this past February. I was there with my sister and her 6 and 9 year old and both the kids got run over by a 400lb person in a scooter. Now my sister was not as nice as I might have been and told the lady off who in turn cursed her out for being in her way. And where was this nice lady in the scooter going in such a rush? The ice cream stand of course. Now I don't like ice cream so maybe I am just unaware that there are such magical powers and incredible taste to those ice cream sticks with ears but to run over two little kids for it? Sheesh. It's not like they were those yummy pretzels they have lol. Those we might have forgiven her for lol.

And it does amaze me to see how many elderly people manage to get around without those darn scooters. Shoot, I lived in Sun City Center for several years and even there the only folks on the scooters were the big people loading up on soda, chips and frozen pizza. I think if I got to the point where I as a 40 year old had to ride a scooter to get my junk when there are several 90 year olds walking around just fine I would shoot myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay