Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 AM

22 posts, read 67,022 times

Advertisements

Since alot of realtors peruse this forum, figured this would be a good place to ask.

For recent sales can anyone provide some insight or resources regarding what homes are actually selling for relative to the (last) listed price of a home? Just curious as to what its like in St Pete\Seminole. Nationally I see news stories of 10%-20% below the LAST listed price. I realize that it may be after several price reductions as well and that foreclosures may be a lil different in this regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Yes try www.zillow.com Good Luck!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,603,566 times
Local real estate associations post this kind of information. For Pinellas County, look on the Pinellas Realtor Association (click on stats) and in Hillsborough County, look on the Greater Tampa Association of Realtors (click on Market Statistics).

Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Yes try www.zillow.com Good Luck!
I have been visiting Zillow a lot over the last two years and expected to see drastic price reductions, but prices don't seem to be moving or reflecting the median price drop...

Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 AM

Thanks, I have been using zillow extensively. Being a numbers geek (& software developer), I've ran all kinds of analysis on estimates vs asking price and how far values of fallen since peeked on homes Im interested in. It's a great website and it undoubtedly helping "educate the consumer".

Unfortunately with the speculated rapid decline of home prices, zilllow could be a bit behind the curve. I was interested if any realtors had any first hand knowledge of recent transactions behaviour.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 AM

Thanks for the Pinellas Realtor site. It looks like a good resource. It appears that one may need a membership\login to get the most recent or detailed stats.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:41 PM

428 posts, read 1,243,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1932 View Post
Unfortunately with the speculated rapid decline of home prices, zilllow could be a bit behind the curve. I was interested if any realtors had any first hand knowledge of recent transactions behaviour.
Well, I've seen some pretty recent stuff on Zillow. For example I saw a house that sold in Oldsmar in 8/2008 and is now on the market for over 100K more. Obviously, some idiot didn't read the news and thinks this is 2005 and he can flip a new house and make 100K in a few months time. I guess I'm becoming a hardened, heartless clod, but I wish heavy financial losses upon anyone greedy enough to think they can make an easy 100K in the current market. All we need is a round of investors buying up all the foreclosures and putting them back on the market at 2005 prices.

I've yet to see a site as good as zillow as aggregating data and putting it in an easy to use place. There might be a better site, but I haven't found it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay