U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 21,204 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Tampa area soon. My husband is going to have an office close the airport but mostly he is going to be out of the office around Tampa. I have heard traffic is bad in New Tampa to move to Land O lakes. My realtor says the crime rate and schools are better in Land O Lakes. If someone has any information about this areas please let me know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2006, 08:42 AM

21 posts, read 74,471 times
Default We just purchased in Land O'Lakes

I'm not too familiar with the area but we just purchased a house in Stonegate in Land O'Lakes. The house won't be ready until late fall but we will rent a house until then. We are moving from MA next month. The area seemed really nice. I heard the schools were good. Many new things being built in the next few years. New schools, hospital,mall,target. My brother has lived in Odessa and Trinity for the past 7 years and hasn't complained about the area.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:37 AM

4,948 posts, read 17,975,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHA
We are relocating to the Tampa area soon. My husband is going to have an office close the airport but mostly he is going to be out of the office around Tampa. I have heard traffic is bad in New Tampa to move to Land O lakes. My realtor says the crime rate and schools are better in Land O Lakes. If someone has any information about this areas please let me know.
Land o lakes is nice so is wesley chapel there are many new home developments in both paces, however the traffic is bad here also. The airport is about 1hour away.
judy

Old 06-18-2006, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 21,204 times
Thank you for the information

Old 06-18-2006, 07:10 PM

110 posts, read 670,971 times
We just moved from the Grand Oaks community in Land O Lakes and it really is a nice community. Very quiet, family-oriented, many lots with either conservation or pond. We don't have kids so it was too quiet for us and we moved to Orlando. But I wouldn't hesitate at all to move there with a family.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:29 AM

2 posts, read 12,431 times
Default Hopefully this will help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISHA
Hi,

We have been living in Wesley Chapel for 7 yrs now and have loved it. The schools are great. We have a Home in Meadow Pointe which is off Bruce B Downs and County Line Road a fantastic community. Our primary residence is also in Wesley Chapel 10 mins North off of State Rd 54 both are easy access to I75 heading into Tampa. New Tampa and Tampa Palms are always congested because Bruce B Downs is the only way to get to I-75 (a nitemare in the morning) Since the SR56 was completed a few years ago it has cut down the drive time tremendously because you can avoid Bruce B Downs. There is NO fast way to get to Tampa from Land O' Lakes , traffic is very heavy on 41 and a Parking Lot on the Veterans heading towards the Airport. You definatley want to look at Pasco County because the Taxes and Ins are less. My wife works downtown , it takes her 30-40 mins depending on the weather and I work all over town so I know where all the traffic is. We are relocating to Atlanta soon and will be selling both homes. [moderator CUT]
Best of Luck , Marty and Michelle.

Last edited by Marka; 07-08-2006 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 07-04-2006, 02:15 PM

8 posts, read 24,434 times
"You definatley want to look at Pasco County because the Taxes and Ins are less".

I am planning on retiring to Florida and one of the locations I plan on looking into is Land o Lakes. You mentioned the Taxes and ins. are cheaper. I have heard some horror stories on what some homeowners are paying for Insurance on their homes. How much would insurance be in Land O Lakes. i know people will probably have different rates but on the avg. what would the yearly cost be in land o lakes?

Old 07-06-2006, 12:20 PM

363 posts, read 1,958,290 times
My husband and I looked for quite some time at both of these places and thought both were very good areas. I think we were leaning toward Land O Lakes as far as simply "seeming nicer". This was a good two years ago. Still, we did a lot in the way of driving around and even looking with a realtor. I'm sure the financial situation has changed though. We never did move to either, as work took us out of the area. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:33 PM

44 posts, read 163,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkat View Post
We just moved from the Grand Oaks community in Land O Lakes and it really is a nice community. Very quiet, family-oriented, many lots with either conservation or pond. We don't have kids so it was too quiet for us and we moved to Orlando. But I wouldn't hesitate at all to move there with a family.
Richkat:

We are considering Windemere area how is it? What made you decide
Windemere over Celebration? We are leaving soon the Miami area and
would like to know if in fact the area overthere is much better than here.
We have 2 boys 6 & 10. Can you please tell me some information regarding
the area? Thanks a bunch!!

Old 10-03-2006, 07:45 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,495,750 times
My family just moved to Land O' Lakes 3 weeks ago. We had considered Wesley Chapel but liked the demographics better in LOL. If you like things fast paced you will be bored here. We are bored and have only been here a short time. There's not much in LOL. There's one shopping center at this point with more to come later. You have to drive to get to anything you want to do (like at least 20 minutes). It's very rural in LOL, there are cows/sheep, etc. Also, there are some very old run down businesses, like if you drive SR41...

The subdivisions are nice for the most part and the schools seem to be good. I personally don't want to buy here, it's too rural for my taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay