Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM

428 posts, read 1,243,194 times

Advertisements

I think it was the BBC that put out a great documentary called "The Global Warming Swindle." It is available on DVD and I'm sure you can find it online somewhere. Definitely a much needed rebuttal to Al Gore's movie.

Did you guys hear that the EU has banned large plasma TVs because they use to much energy and thus supposedly contribute to GW? What can I even say about this? A friggin TV? If you are going to ban large TVs what about pretty much everything else? What about my neighbor whose hobby is welding or my other neighbor who likes taking dips in his perpetually-hot hot tub?

Beware of this stuff guys. I think it is becoming apparent that whatever environmental issues we are dealing with, there are many who have a motive of using these issues as leverage for controlling our lives. If you don't think this is true, keep in mind that large plasma TVs were just banned. Think about that for a second. Not lawnmowers or welders or ovens, but something that might be one of the few joys of some poor working class guy who lives in a crappy cold-weather climate and works 80 hours a week. What about private jets for movie stars and politicans? Or, caps on energy usage for their mansions. Of course not.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:23 PM

266 posts, read 911,384 times
Whether global warming is true or not is one question...but it is obvious that humans are having a very detrimental effect on the planet, with the number of endangered animals, the chemical pollution and air pollution, dwindling and contaminated water supplies, aging infrastructure, a finite oil supply controlled largely by countries who are not our friends, waste from coal, nuclear and other power sources, an expanding population with a rising standard of living that places more demands on our environment....These are all serious problems that need consideration, and let's not dismiss all people concerned with the environment as whack jobs. It's an ignorant and immature attitude.

Sorry to get off subject--whether FL will be under water or not, I don't know!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:03 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
Global Warming is a 21st Century religion, not a meteorological phenomenon

Old 01-18-2009, 02:16 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
And California was suppose to slide into the ocean 20 years ago.

I believe we all need to protect our natural environments but I also believe some of the wacko crazy global warming people who preach about it over and over again are people who are making money on others fears. ( Al Gore )

We have had <10 below for 5 days in a row in Ohio and that has not happened as long as I have been alive. Now that is global freezing right?

Do not panic about moving to Florida, move and enjoy yourself.

Florida has the best natural environment we have to offer ourselves and the only concern I have is people doing the damage and not global warming.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luckyman 58 View Post
I am planning to move to Florida soon. Is there anyone who believes Florida will be under water within the next 10 years, because of Global Warming?? Maybe I have just been watching to much of the History Channel?? Need help with this! Thanks!!
Personally? sometimes I have to question this "global warming" issue.
11 degrees yesterday morning in SC? Ice pellets this morning? This whole winter has been extremely cold and rainly.

So much for warming and the "drought". Least ways in my little ol' part of the country.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltznucs View Post
Nostradamus says we'll all die in 2012 anyway. No need to worry about global warming.. I say "Live it Up'"..take out an interest only loan and move to a home well outside your financial means. LOL...
I think that is from the Myans (SP?) That's when their calendar ended.
They actually have the exact date, if memory serves me it's Dec of 2012.
They had/have one of the most accurate calendars to date.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 AM

403 posts, read 1,580,548 times
Global warming is overrated, the Earth cools and warms according to the Earth's cycle. We're not gonna be underwater in 10, 50, 100 years from now. Some scientists are saying that we're going to go into a cooling cycle, which happens on average every 30 years, I heard. And look at all the cold that's been going on.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:04 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,018 times
I heard recently that the politically correct term is no longer "global warming" (it's too cold for that!!!). One should now refer to it as "climate change."

Old 01-18-2009, 10:26 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,437,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
I think that is from the Myans (SP?) That's when their calendar ended.
They actually have the exact date, if memory serves me it's Dec of 2012.
They had/have one of the most accurate calendars to date.
I'm glad you posted this cause I was thinking the same thing. The exact date is supposed to be Dec. 21st, 2012. Not sure how much I believe in it, but it's interesting anyway.

The glacier scenes used in Al Gore's movie were all taken from another movie. Did you know that the glaciers are now icing back up again? There have also been record breaking lows in many areas of the world. I believe that Caribou, Maine has broken their record lows the past four mornings. That's not isolated.

One of the theories is something about how the northern hemisphere will actually cool down because of global warming, but the southern hemisphere will get extremely warm. That doesn't seem to be the case either because we have members from many parts of the world on the Weather Forum and they're having colder then normal temps in the Southern Hemisphere, too.

Another interesting fact is that NBC has now bought out the weather channel and has gotten rid of a few of the regulars because they didn't support the "climate change" theory. (Notice how they've already changed the name of it?) NBC also holds a strong interest in GE and it appears GE has quite an interest in wind turbines.

But like was said before~at least it's brought awareness of the things we do to our planet. That's one huge plus.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I'm glad you posted this cause I was thinking the same thing. The exact date is supposed to be Dec. 21st, 2012. Not sure how much I believe in it, but it's interesting anyway.

The glacier scenes used in Al Gore's movie were all taken from another movie. Did you know that the glaciers are now icing back up again? There have also been record breaking lows in many areas of the world. I believe that Caribou, Maine has broken their record lows the past four mornings. That's not isolated.

One of the theories is something about how the northern hemisphere will actually cool down because of global warming, but the southern hemisphere will get extremely warm. That doesn't seem to be the case either because we have members from many parts of the world on the Weather Forum and they're having colder then normal temps in the Southern Hemisphere, too.

Another interesting fact is that NBC has now bought out the weather channel and has gotten rid of a few of the regulars because they didn't support the "climate change" theory. (Notice how they've already changed the name of it?) NBC also holds a strong interest in GE and it appears GE has quite an interest in wind turbines.

But like was said before~at least it's brought awareness of the things we do to our planet. That's one huge plus.

Not to mention we have a severe weather warning for tonight and tomorrow....SC...close to NC border 1-4 inches of snow....In SC???? I've been here 4 years, and never had a forecast with this much snow supposedly hitting...It happens, but not usually that much. Since I came from an area where snow was no big deal, it doesn't concern me, but dang I'm wondering to myself..dang just how far south can I move to get away from this snow crap? Aye carumba. I hate the stuff Hence my interest in moving to Florida. What's a couple hundred more miles after already moving over 600 miles...I tell ya, I keep trying to get away from crummy weather, but it isn't working.

T\
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay