Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?
Male - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 107 43.15%
Male - No Problem at all, I would not visit 31 12.50%
Male - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 25 10.08%
Male - Other 1 0.40%
Female - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 31 12.50%
Female - No Problem at all, I would not visit 27 10.89%
Female - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 22 8.87%
Female - Other 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:19 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,606,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Do all you people realize that the Tampa bay area is the "swinger" capital of the U.S.?
That's fantastic news! My wife and I are moving to Tampa, probably in early March and as we are in the Lifestyle, I was wondering how the local scene is.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,294,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
That's fantastic news! My wife and I are moving to Tampa, probably in early March and as we are in the Lifestyle, I was wondering how the local scene is.
Um... The scene appears to be great here. I have never partaken- but When I have been out with women, we have been propositioned by couples. Actually, they would proposition her for the both of us when I would get up to use the bathroom or something, always good looking couples, in their 40s or so. It has happened to me on probably four or five occasions. Some of the couples we end up talking to for a while and have some really good conversations.

Not quite my cup of tea, but to each their own- Although I am becoming increasingly liberal. When I was about 24, I was propositioned by a woman in the gym who was in an open relationship with her husband, who I was becoming friends with at the time. Regrettably I didn't go through with it but we kept in touch for a while. but this is definitely the town for it. I have gotten good enough to spot swingers from a mile away. Check out clubs like 'Jacksons' on Harbor Island

Even the young people in this town that are single are so incredibly laid back. I have never seen so many people just willing to have a good time. It is really an interesting place. I think a lot of people have that perma-vacationer mentality, and you usually do crazy stuff on vacation. This town is really runs on nightlife, booze, and sex. The amount of bars, clubs, and strip clubs should be an indication!

Old 01-21-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigm1841 View Post
I think a lot of people have that perma-vacationer mentality, and you usually do crazy stuff on vacation.
That is (part of) our motivation for moving to Tampa. I actually was raised there, and left 12 years ago as I was tired of perpetual summer and wanted a change. Well, I'm over that, and I'm also over just surviving on $150k/year in NYC, so we decided the time is right. We have some lifestyle friends of ours who made the move about a year ago, so they've the scene well scoped out for us.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:17 PM

Incidentally, is there any actual traction getting some beach set aside as clothing optional, or are we going to have to make do with Caliente? Contrary to opinion I've seen expressed here, there really are quite a few people who dislike clothing but are nonetheless easy on the eyes.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 25,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's Love View Post
Ok, honestly here!! We already have them right? To all ya'll who want to add more nude beaches, do you even go to the ones we have already? I mean come one - I think these threads are just to get a rise out of all the folks who would rather not see all the skin...
If you need skin there is plenty of naked strip clubs and plenty of it on the internet that you can find.. (and with you can do all the personal things to yourself that you want and not get arrested... lol)
Well, my parents lived south of Clearwater and I visited them every year for 20+ years and I LOOKED for a nude beach in or near Pinellas county. I certainly couldn't find any. There are proposed places (DeSoto park, which IMHO is an ideal place) but the prudish commissioners don't seem to realize that nudists are taxpayers and deserve a spot they can use, Nudists are excluded from regular beaches, but clothed beachgoers are NOT EXCLUDED from nude beaches. We share, but we do want a little place we can feel unintimidated.

Bottom line is - not that my parents have both passed - I WILL NOT SPEND MY TOURIST $$$ anywhere near Pinellas county.

NWslug (that's the NW corner of the USA)

Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 PM

26 posts, read 87,571 times
I don't even care. A body is a body. What, are people gonna turn into schitzos over nude bodies? lmaoooo prude America.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 25,579 times
where is the nearest nude beach to st. pete fl

Old 03-22-2014, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 10,279 times
I was actually wondering the same thing about any friendly good clothing optional beaches near st.Pete as I will be moving there next week and if they are age friendly. I'm a 29 year old guy and I've been to a couple beaches here in Florida where it was hard to find anyone on them 25-45? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited by wasted187; 03-22-2014 at 03:04 PM..

Old 03-22-2014, 06:18 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,234,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasted187 View Post
I was actually wondering the same thing about any friendly good clothing optional beaches near st.Pete as I will be moving there next week and if they are age friendly.
why? you don't want to show off your junk to granny?

Old 03-24-2014, 02:39 AM

237 posts, read 390,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
why? you don't want to show off your junk to granny?
(a whispering chant rises from the crowd growing to a full blown cresendo) Do it! Do it! Do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay