Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you have a problem if they designated a SECTION of Ft Desoto to clothing optional sunbathing?
Male - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 107 43.15%
Male - No Problem at all, I would not visit 31 12.50%
Male - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 25 10.08%
Male - Other 1 0.40%
Female - No Problem at all, and I would visit! 31 12.50%
Female - No Problem at all, I would not visit 27 10.89%
Female - there should be no nudity on Pinellas Beaches 22 8.87%
Female - Other 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:37 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

thought for sure that the mods would censor that one - but there are more graphic nude scenes in the National Gallery of Art, isn't there?

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,605,471 times
Well, judging by the results of this poll, if the nude beach becomes reality, it will be a bunch of men all sittin around naked hoping a woman will eventually walk by.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM

25 posts, read 169,317 times
i'll only say that, if you went to Haulover in Miami (as noted above, a fully legal nude beach), you'd see that both the two preceding posts don't hold up. You'd see plenty of women, alone, with men, and with other women, and no shortage of good-looking, fit people-much better, in my opinion, than what you'd see at an average shopping mall or supermarket around here, for example. There are probably more men than women, but there is a group of gay men, and there's a section where the gay men tend to congregate, so in the "straight" section it's basically 50-50.

and, as for the picture, be honest-is it really so painful, so psychologically shocking, so terribly repulsive and distatsteful, to see a couple of saggy old bottoms? doesn't bother me at all. :-)

Old 05-28-2010, 02:47 PM

14 posts, read 26,476 times
A true nudist doesn't go to a nudist area to see naked people. They go to enjoy the freedom that goes along with the nudist lifestyle.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I didnt bring a camera to the beach nor did i expect to see what i saw. I remember one girl (maybe 17) on a moped in a bikini & the bikini was lowered to where about 1 inch of her brown pubes were showing. This was some yrs back though. I dont think its illegal to show pubic hair at a public beach. This was at newport beach.
girls these days dont have pubes...

Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magijasakymaro View Post
Well, judging by the results of this poll, if the nude beach becomes reality, it will be a bunch of men all sittin around naked hoping a woman will eventually walk by.
You've obviously never visited a nudist or clothing optional beach.

What I find really amusing at Haulover is how the supposed "beautiful" young bods are usually the ones most reluctant to go nude or even just topless.

Most nudists are accepting of any body type - the goal isn't to be naked to gawk, but to be accepting of one's own body. And most folks there aren't staring. The only "body oriented" conversation I've ever overheard at nudist parks, beaches and resorts is usually related to a really BAD boob job....which is more than I can say for normal beaches. Folks at clothed beaches can be downright mean in their conversations.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,605,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
You've obviously never visited a nudist or clothing optional beach.

What I find really amusing at Haulover is how the supposed "beautiful" young bods are usually the ones most reluctant to go nude or even just topless.

Most nudists are accepting of any body type - the goal isn't to be naked to gawk, but to be accepting of one's own body. And most folks there aren't staring. The only "body oriented" conversation I've ever overheard at nudist parks, beaches and resorts is usually related to a really BAD boob job....which is more than I can say for normal beaches. Folks at clothed beaches can be downright mean in their conversations.
Oh for Pete's sake. I was trying to make a joke.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM

269 posts, read 607,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
If you go to Romania, you'll be starring at all the Swedish naked women!!! no Swedish women here for sure! You don't think that PETA ad was because of all the Swedish girls here!!!!!! LOLOL
I am Swedish, i have never visited Romania, i have however just bought a condo in St Petersburg, Florida.

What do you say about that?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:21 AM

25 posts, read 169,317 times
since your name is Johan, I think you're not a Swedish woman. LOL. just kidding.

so, what do you think about the subject at hand, whether there should be at least one fully legal clothing optional beach in the area, such as a relatively small section (400 meters or so, in my mind) at Ft DeSoto Park?

what about running around naked outside in public in general? what are the laws, the social conventions, and actual practices in Sweden, as you know them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay