U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 AM

320 posts, read 1,467,341 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good mortgage company in the Tampa area? I am looking for a professional, trustworthy, experienced company. Do most people in this area use mortgage companies, or do they primarily go with banks?
Rate this post positively

Old 06-18-2006, 03:41 PM

66 posts, read 327,254 times
Go With The Bank . That's The Way I Would Do It.get A Fixed Rate Also

Old 06-19-2006, 08:02 AM

4,948 posts, read 17,192,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels36
Can anyone recommend a good mortgage company in the Tampa area? I am looking for a professional, trustworthy, experienced company. Do most people in this area use mortgage companies, or do they primarily go with banks?
Hi when I moved here I had a mortgage lender, I may be able to find this infor if you wish. I lived in another state, so the builder called this person. He told me he was going to sell my mortgage to Countrywide, which he did. Two years ago I had a letter from wells fargo to refinance for free which I did at a lower rate and no other charges. I found both countywide and wells Fargo to be great. Sun Trust is also a real nice bank.

judy

Old 06-19-2006, 04:03 PM

363 posts, read 1,906,223 times
I have to reply here because we have gone through McCaughan Mortgage Co. for years. (They are in Clearwater.) Their reputation is EXCELLENT and they've been around a long time. Here's the info off of a business card that I save: William P. Baralt (Bill is awesome!) at the mortagage company I mentioned above- 221 North Belcher Road...7 2 7 - 7 9 7 - 0 6 0 0 - You won't be disappointed.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:19 PM

320 posts, read 1,467,341 times
Thank you for the replies. I really appreciate it.

For years both my husband and myself worked in the mortgage business and we have watched it change over to time for what we both feel has not been for the better. It is important to us to find a company and a loan officer that has ben around for years and knows the business very well. So many companies and LO's have entered the business in the last couple of years since most of the business went to automated systems and they do not understand anything about the business or underwriting guidelines - all they know is what the computer tells them. In many cases most do not understand the conforming purchase market, their focus is bad credit and equity loans and they treat all clients as if they fit into this category even when they do not.

I will probably try McCaughan because they sound like just the company we are looking for.

Maggiekate- If you could PM me with the info on the mortgage lender you used I would appreciate it. This would allow us to have 2 companies to compare fees and rates with.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 PM

363 posts, read 1,906,223 times
Bill is (I believe) second generation there... My parents moved to FL over 35 years ago and they told me all that I told you when we were looking for our first home years ago. My mother in law- who has rentals in the area, also has a fine relationship with him and the company. We have had the pleasure of doing business with them many times. You know, my husband and I still keep in contact with him for advice (and Chirstmas cards) because, not only is he on the ball, he is also an extremely personable person... I just know your experience will be wonderful. Good luck!

Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 12,339 times
My husband and I are currenlty buying a hosue and we are using Borrower's Advantage Mortgage Corp. 813-908-8825. We've had excellent service from Peggy

Old 01-05-2007, 03:05 AM

911 posts, read 3,324,107 times
Thumbs up Third Federal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels36 View Post
Third Federal savings and Loan. or WaMu...

Stay away from brokers unless you have bad credit!

Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 PM

287 posts, read 1,388,204 times
So if your credit is ok but not great, who would someone recommend? We will be relocating soon and have owned two homes and refinanced twice on our current home so we do have credit history, maybe some things have been late but our mortgage has always been on time.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 10,961 times
I have used Pangea Financial in California. They are brokers but they are honest. They made sure that I was taken care of and put me in a loan that I understood, and I could afford. They presented me with about 6 loan options, and gave me the pros and cons of all of them. And let me decide which one worked best for me. Ask for Brett he was awesome. 949-679-5608. Call them you will not be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or