Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 AM

16 posts, read 39,117 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am planning to move to Land O Lakes in about 6 months from know. I have never been there and would love for anyone to recommend a good place to house hunt. I have been looking at new homes in the Lakeshore Ranch, but I don't know much else other than what is on their webpage. Can anyone give some input on Lakeshore Ranch and if there are any other areas with housing as nice as this one can anyone recommend them?

Thank you and all have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,491,237 times
Not sure about Lakeshore ranch, but the lake Padgett area is nice if you prefer an established neighborhood. If you go towards new construction, make sure you know the HOA & CDD fees. Some places like Wilderness Ranch on the north side of Land O Lkaes have monthly HOA & CDD fees that almost match the mortgage amount. There is something about the concept of CDD fees that goes against common sense. Basically, The Builder can put in all the infrastructure of a community, including clubhouse and pools, then backcharge the homeowner for all the costs in the form of a CDD assessment. Where's the builders risk? And you wonder why there are so many subdivisions in the Tampa area. Building one is pretty much pure profit.

Nav

Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 AM

5 posts, read 33,713 times
Default From a resident

Hello,

I moved to Lakeshore Ranch in August from out of state. I can help with any specific questions you might have.

Have you had a chance to visit? We also check out Connerton, Dupre Lakes, Ballantree, and a few other subs. We stuck to newer construction so if you have any questions about those I might be able to help also.

Regards

Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 AM

24 posts, read 149,029 times
We chose a new build in Asbel Estates in Land O' Lakes due to low HOA fees & no CDD's. The CDD's can add hundreds of dollars to your mortgage. We do not have the community pool, clubhouse or amenities like many of the communities, but we also don't pay exorbidant fees. We had fantastic realtors that I can recommend if you're interested.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM

16 posts, read 39,117 times
How are home sales fairing in Lakeshore Ranch?
How is the security there?
And is it true that the HOA fees are going to drop soon?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:05 PM

Home sales in Lakeshore Ranch are really picking up. Around 8 homes under construction right now.

The community is gated with a guard at the gatehouse. There is a second guard patrolling from 6PM to 7AM.

I don't think HOA fees will be dropping. The HOA fees are $60 a month and that also covers basic cable and trash pickup 2 times a week. Don't think you could get both for the same fee seperate.

It really depends on where you are coming from to determine weather taxes/cdd's are really different then what you pay now. My house in michigan valued less was costing me $500 a year more in taxes than I pay for taxes/cdd now.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 9,519 times
I am thinking about Connerten. I notice that the price for comparable houses in Connerten is lower than the rest. Are there any issues that you are aware of?

Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5681 View Post
I am thinking about Connerten. I notice that the price for comparable houses in Connerten is lower than the rest. Are there any issues that you are aware of?
The only issue with Connerton that I'm aware of is the location. It's in a rural area. I'm sure that will change with time, but given the current economy, it will take a while. I've seen deer almost every time I've been.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 AM

12 posts, read 28,559 times
Connerton's developer bailed in 12/09 after defaulting on CDD bond payment. I also understand that Lakeshore Ranches also defaulted in similar fashion. Otherwise, evertthing is peach keen.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Lakeshore Ranch is not in default. They are actually one of the CDD's still building. I am working on a website to give a residents perspective. Coming Soon Lakeshore Ranch Residents Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay