Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:10 PM

24 posts, read 93,214 times

Advertisements

We live in Connerton, which is further from 75 and more rural...we do have CDD fees but I really like the community and it would have been especially nice if our daughter had been younger. There is still alot of building to be done in our development but all of the infrastructure and amenities are finished.

We also looked at Country Walk but I don't care for the traffic on 54 and 75 as well as Bruce B Downs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 01:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
The traffic on St Rd 54 will soon be less and much better. They are starting to widen 54 and although it will take some time it will help a lot. When St Rd 56 (extention which goes from the mall to Meadow Point)which is ready but not yet opened (as far as I know), will be opened....that will take a lot of pressure off St Rd 54.

I must say it is all about where you want to live. I like the area of Country Walk but to bad the CDD/HOA is so high...I like it better than out there where Connerton is, because to me that is almost in the middle of nowhere, but that is JMO!

Have you looked at Seven Oaks?

Old 05-01-2010, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,723 times
As a resident of Countrywalk for almost a year, I am shocked to read everything in this thread. We purchase our home with Standard Pacific. Beside Cardel Homes, they are the only building currently selling and building homes in Countrywalk. Parkview Homes has temporary stopped building in Countrywalk leaving two areas under developed. They also used Chinese Drywall in most of their homes and this is the biggest problem we have. Parkview Homes still owns the vacant lots and must pay the CDD for each one. They are done this, so there is no concern for fees to increase. As for the CDD fees, have you checked out Seven Oaks? They are higher and you almost get nothing to show for it. Visiting [url]www.mycountrywalk.com[/url] monthly will provide you with the most up-to-date information since all of the minutes are posted on the website. Kelly, the manager at the clubhouse has been on the ball. She advertises events for children/families to participate in weekly. My daughter loves to go to the clubhouse on Wednesdays for kids activities. Countrywalk has been the perfect community for my family since we moved here from South Florida.

Last edited by castpooh; 05-01-2010 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 05-02-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by castpooh View Post
As a resident of Countrywalk for almost a year, I am shocked to read everything in this thread. We purchase our home with Standard Pacific. Beside Cardel Homes, they are the only building currently selling and building homes in Countrywalk. Parkview Homes has temporary stopped building in Countrywalk leaving two areas under developed. They also used Chinese Drywall in most of their homes and this is the biggest problem we have. Parkview Homes still owns the vacant lots and must pay the CDD for each one. They are done this, so there is no concern for fees to increase. As for the CDD fees, have you checked out Seven Oaks? They are higher and you almost get nothing to show for it. Visiting www.mycountrywalk.com monthly will provide you with the most up-to-date information since all of the minutes are posted on the website. Kelly, the manager at the clubhouse has been on the ball. She advertises events for children/families to participate in weekly. My daughter loves to go to the clubhouse on Wednesdays for kids activities. Countrywalk has been the perfect community for my family since we moved here from South Florida.
Wow Chinese drywall that on top of the other mess in Country Walk that we hear from others...

Country Walk's CDD/HOA is way higher then the $ 1500 CDD/HOA that I pay in Seven Oaks...and then we have the use of 5 tennis courts, 3 pools, fitness, play yards, volleyball, basket ball court, etc... on top of that is the Seven Oaks location way better.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:06 PM

7 posts, read 16,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wow Chinese drywall that on top of the other mess in Country Walk that we hear from others...

Country Walk's CDD/HOA is way higher then the $ 1500 CDD/HOA that I pay in Seven Oaks...and then we have the use of 5 tennis courts, 3 pools, fitness, play yards, volleyball, basket ball court, etc... on top of that is the Seven Oaks location way better.
Way better if you do not mind all of the freeway noise. And I looked real hard at the homes in 7 Oaks but you are wrong about the CDD fees... they were off the hook and as I remember it almost double that of Country Walk.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Traffic now a Breeze with SR56 and SR54 widened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longsx3 View Post
We live in Connerton, which is further from 75 and more rural...we do have CDD fees but I really like the community and it would have been especially nice if our daughter had been younger. There is still alot of building to be done in our development but all of the infrastructure and amenities are finished.

We also looked at Country Walk but I don't care for the traffic on 54 and 75 as well as Bruce B Downs.
Now that they have finished the SR56 Extension and the 54 widening to six lanes the traffic is actually a breeze. It was a nightmare but now it is truly easy to get to I75.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The traffic on St Rd 54 will soon be less and much better. They are starting to widen 54 and although it will take some time it will help a lot. When St Rd 56 (extention which goes from the mall to Meadow Point)which is ready but not yet opened (as far as I know), will be opened....that will take a lot of pressure off St Rd 54.

I must say it is all about where you want to live. I like the area of Country Walk but to bad the CDD/HOA is so high...I like it better than out there where Connerton is, because to me that is almost in the middle of nowhere, but that is JMO!

Have you looked at Seven Oaks?
I don't know why you complain about the HOA fees. They are less than $500 per year and most of that covers the basic cable.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Eller View Post
Way better if you do not mind all of the freeway noise. And I looked real hard at the homes in 7 Oaks but you are wrong about the CDD fees... they were off the hook and as I remember it almost double that of Country Walk.
How can I be wrong about the CDD that I pay in Seven Oaks for a home I own...tell me how much my CDD is...I guess you think you know it better!!!

Country Walk is known for their issues and Seven Oaks is known for the excellent clubhouse wi pools, tennis courts, etc. and many of my ex- tenants have become Seven Oaks home owners themselves because it is reasonable for what you get.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:53 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,026 times
I live in Meadow Pointe, and I've heard mixed things about CW. The deals look really good right now....supposedly, CW was at the epicenter of the housing crisis back in the recession, and a lot of people bailed out on spec homes, so the prices are low now for the house you get. Also, the amenities are fine, and CW residents can also share amenities with 2 of the other 3 "phases" of MP.

Wesley Chapel is kind of part of the New Tampa area, which is a pretty nice place to live.

I don't know much about the CDD fees though.

You might look into other parts of Meadow Pointe and see what you can get for your money in other parts that are more established. I have also heard the renter thing as being an issue back there.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:44 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,655,639 times
I have two friends who live in CW. They love it. I have not heard them mention any bad issues, though they may just keep it to themselves. As far as the amenities at the clubhouse has a pool and a workout room. It is nicely decorated, but that is really all it offers. I see the playgrounds have a tent over it to make it more enjoyable to play outside in the summer heat. The equipment won't get overly hot and burn the skin.

Now with the road extension from Bruce B. Downs and 56, it only takes 10 minutes to get to the hussle and bussle of New Tampa.

I personally like the feel of Seven Oaks. I know several people who live there and they love it. People I know who have moved out are sorry they left. I can imagine with the highway on one side, busy 56 on another and now the expanded Bruce B. Downs, the noise level must be higher. Their clubhouse has so much more to offer (cool pool area, movie theatre style tv viewing, nicer workout room, all kinds of classes like karate (extra fee), nice hangout room with food to buy, etc. I recall when we were looking to buy a house, their fees were $2,000. It is probably higher now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay