Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,445 times

Advertisements

We are possibly moving to the Tampa area from No Va this year if my husband takes a new job down there. we have 3 small children (5, 3, 19 mos) and we would like to find a nice place to live that has a quiet nice community for families, good schools, but with lots of conveniences (grocery store, walmart etc). I am originally from South florida but am not too familiar with the tampa area. My husband would be commuting to Tampa but we don't really want to live right inside tampa (we are not city mice) maybe a 30-40 minute commute. Was wondering if anone has any recs on where to look. Have seen some people recommend East lake woodlands, have heard about lakeland too. would love to get people's opinion on which area near tampa would be best for a family. we are open to suggestions. thank you so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 06:44 PM

26 posts, read 72,907 times
haha, we both pretty much posted the same thing at the same time...let me know how you make out....i heard the same about East Lake Woodlands...also, Dunedin and Odessa...just waiting on opinions, pretty much looking for the same things as you

Old 02-05-2009, 01:11 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
I live in and love Seminole area, great schools, close to beaches, mostly non evac/non flood zone and reasonable and safe neighborhoods to buy in.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,445 times
thanks for the suggestion lavender. good luck with your search jsirois. will look into both of you suggestions. thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay