U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 12:22 PM

3 posts, read 12,768 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We (my wife and I, 35/36 yrs) moved a couple of weeks ago to Clearwater. Since i'm really busy at work it's difficult to find friends. And i really don't wanna advertise that via other online services. What we're looking for is basically someone (or a couple) to spent some weekend time together. For example visiting each other or driving somewhere. It would be optimal if that is someone who knows the area but that's not a requirement.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM

13,768 posts, read 35,416,320 times
Your best bet is to find a group of ppl who shares the same interest. Check out meetup.com there are lots of groups who meet weekly/monthly.

If your wife doesn't work, she might try to find someplace to volunteer where she would meet other ppl.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:35 AM

6 posts, read 20,275 times
Join a biking club or some other kind of club where you can easily start a conversation with somebody. If you like to drink, go hang out at a bar and sing some karaoke. If the bar is decent then you should meet some decent people.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 AM

44 posts, read 105,954 times
We are the same age as you and moving to the area in a few months... We will be in the same boat. if you find some good groups, let me know....

Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 AM

13,768 posts, read 35,416,320 times
Well, if someone is willing to set it up you could arrange a 'meetup' for CD members. Several city forums do this. You can post details here and/or ask for suggestions. You can also post a poll. Maybe have a picnic at Ft DeSoto or Lowry Park?

If you want to see how others have done, I can find out for you.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 AM

7 posts, read 16,791 times
Hi!

Do you like living in Clearwater? My husband and I are considering moving there from RI, mostly to escape the ridiculous amount of snow, but also for a change in scenery. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 AM

30 posts, read 119,206 times
MSN 2009 We went through the same thing when we got down here. Lately we have been doing the meetup.com thing. There is the Pinellas Couples group and the Tampa Bay Newly Weds and Couples group among others. There are a bunch of people in the same boat looking to meet others. We moved to clearwater a couple of years ago and now live in Dunedin. Where are you from?

Southerngirlat<3 Thats the same thing we did. We moved from the Providence area about 2 1/2 years ago for the same reasons. Clearwater is kind of a big area some good some not so much. Don't exclude some other areas such as Dunedin (town to the north of Clearwater) Safety Harbor or Palm Harbor. I like Northern Pinellas better than southern. We love living down here although it comes with its own issues traffic, sprawl and the like, but being able to barbeque on New Years Eve and eat outside for Valentines day is the reward. Where in Rhody are you?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,576 times
(I apologize if this posts twice...) My family will be moving to the Clearwater area (hopefully either Dunedin or Largo) in June. I am 32 and my fiance is 40. We will be looking for other couples and friends in the area to hang out with. Fiance likes singing Karaoke and I love the beach and bicycling.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:31 PM

28 posts, read 73,306 times
Default non-smoking bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
Join a biking club or some other kind of club where you can easily start a conversation with somebody. If you like to drink, go hang out at a bar and sing some karaoke. If the bar is decent then you should meet some decent people.
Are there any non-smoking bars around Clearwater?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay