U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,947 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for daily auto auctions
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,662,668 times
I have a friend who is involved with the one in Brandon. He has a license to buy there and can go online and check out incoming vehicles. He charges a small amount to do this and bid for you. He got my dtr a great little Jeep Liberty for a decent price and they don't sell lemons from what I understand they would lose their auction license otherwise. Only thing is, we had to replace a key - they seem to lose all the zapper things.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 AM

3,927 posts, read 10,639,467 times
Look-up Manheim.com. There's a large auto auction in Lakeland (you can see it from Interstate 4), but that's all I know about it.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:45 AM

4,554 posts, read 6,908,153 times
Went to Manheim. It says you have to be a dealer to log in. There must be sites to go or persons who are willing to buy a car for people who want to get a car in auction. Let's see if somebody here knows somebody.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 PM

7 posts, read 29,132 times
Talk to some of these guys running a "buy here - pay here" lot. Tell them you'll go with them to the auction, driving one of their cars they send to the auction; and in return, you'll give them $200 bucks for buying the car (besides the price of the car), you want as it comes through the auction. I know many people who do this, to get true wholesale pricing, with a $200 booty to the dealer. make sure you have the cash for the entire transaction, and when you buy that car at the auction, it's yours - once you pay the dealer. He takes care of the rest. (Get yourself a $2.50 30-day temporary tag) and take it with you, so you will be "legal" to drive home with it; if the dealer doesn't give you a dealer tag to use in its place.)
~Sonny

Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM

7 posts, read 29,132 times
Almost forgot - get a receipt from the dealer! When the title comes to him in a few days, he will send it onto you for registration. Or go pick it up from him. You won't get the title the same day, as it has to be processed by the auction house, and sent to the dealer buying it (in your behalf, unknown to them.) Note: don't blab about it around the auction, other dealers don't like that kind of transaction, as they see it as preventing them from retailing cars. They get a little "fussy" if they find out, and could report the other dealer, costing him his buying privileges there.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 17,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Went to Manheim. It says you have to be a dealer to log in. There must be sites to go or persons who are willing to buy a car for people who want to get a car in auction. Let's see if somebody here knows somebody.
I am a dealer in Zephyrhills with registration at Manheim, ADESSA, Carmax, etc. I will buy a car at auction if you are interested. only dealers are allowed access and photo ID is required. I suggest you develope a relationship of trust with a dealer as they will determine the quality of the car you buy through inspection. We are a full wervice shop and dealership. All cars are sol "as is" but may have arbitration rights. Under $2000 is you bid and win you won it. Over $2000 and under 100k miles can be arbitrated if a bad car. I have only bought one car that I had to return.

Call me(Steve) or Bruce at 813-780-8899 or our repair shop at 813-782-1555. Best of luck in your pursuit.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 17,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sonny View Post
Almost forgot - get a receipt from the dealer! When the title comes to him in a few days, he will send it onto you for registration. Or go pick it up from him. You won't get the title the same day, as it has to be processed by the auction house, and sent to the dealer buying it (in your behalf, unknown to them.) Note: don't blab about it around the auction, other dealers don't like that kind of transaction, as they see it as preventing them from retailing cars. They get a little "fussy" if they find out, and could report the other dealer, costing him his buying privileges there.
Some titles are in house and others may take up to 30 days. Suggesting that a dealer break the rules is NOT good. Would you suggest shoplifting if you could get away with it? I'm sure you wouldn't so why suggest breaking the rules and risk someone losing their buying authority?

Determine the price you want to pay, look at presale info at the dealers office and determine the car and the price for you. I do fixed price purchases at cost plus $250 and $50 per auction attended fee. I inspect the car, determine value, run a Carfax on the VIN and purchase and deliver to my shop by driver or wrecker. Steve Rogers 813-780-8899 in Zephyrhills, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay