Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM

10 posts, read 55,466 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, my husband and I are currently relocating to the Land O' Lakes area from NY. I was just torn between two communties and was wondering if someone could give some insight on the two since the sales reps make everything sound so much like a fairytale..lol. We were trying todecide between Asbel Creek and Connerton. We have 2 children ages 1 and 7. We visted both communities and both are lovely, I guess we just need help narrowing it down. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks,
Elle

Last edited by Elle1125; 03-15-2007 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: space
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 09:02 AM

26 posts, read 67,228 times
Both are good developments. Connerton (once it's compete) will have a lot more amenities than Asbel Creek. Connerton though has about a 10 year build out time but phase two is when their starting the downtown district which is supposed to be really nice. Have you looked at Wilderness Lake Preserve. It's a little south of Connerton and Asbel Creek and has lots of amenities (including lots for the kids). They have a kids fort and a relationship with Lowry Park Zoo so that the zoo bring animals periodically and does a nature class.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lyndie House

Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM

Thumbs up We bought the house in Connerton!

Thanks Lyndie for the info. We decided to go with Connerton, I'm so excited! Our walk through is set for April 13th and we close on April 20th. It went pretty fast since my job needs me to start in the Tampa area sooner.

Thanks
Elle

Old 03-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Congrats Elle. You'll love Connerton.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks so much! We are very excited. I have a question for you about mortgage insurance, do you know what the norm prices are? I received a quote that is really high, I received a homeowners insurance quote of $1660.

Thanks, Elle

Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 AM

Are you referring to mortgage insurance or homeowner's insurance. If you were quoted $1660 for homeowner's insurance, that's a great rate.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM

91 posts, read 363,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle1125 View Post
Hello everyone, my husband and I are currently relocating to the Land O' Lakes area from NY. I was just torn between two communties and was wondering if someone could give some insight on the two since the sales reps make everything sound so much like a fairytale..lol. We were trying todecide between Asbel Creek and Connerton. We have 2 children ages 1 and 7. We visted both communities and both are lovely, I guess we just need help narrowing it down. Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks,
Elle
We are moving there, too...and fell in love with Ballantrae and Oakstead...Ballantrae I think? is gated...Connerton looks awesome as well. My main dilemma is ensuring we pick the right homes, near the newer schools. (Charles Rushe Middle and Sunlake High)

I wish you well in your move...we will be there this June!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseSeller View Post
Are you referring to mortgage insurance or homeowner's insurance. If you were quoted $1660 for homeowner's insurance, that's a great rate.
The homeowner's insurance quote was $1600, but for some reason they quoted me on mortgage insurance for $500 a month!!DO you any clue why it's so high?

Old 03-30-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon2226 View Post
We are moving there, too...and fell in love with Ballantrae and Oakstead...Ballantrae I think? is gated...Connerton looks awesome as well. My main dilemma is ensuring we pick the right homes, near the newer schools. (Charles Rushe Middle and Sunlake High)

I wish you well in your move...we will be there this June!
Thanks Sharon! Congrats on your move as well.I'm not familiar with two communities that you mentioned, We only looked at Asbel Creek and Connerton. I know Connerton is buliding three new schools within the community which was an extra plus for us.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 7,577 times
Default Mortage Protection

My wife just saw your reply regarding your recent move and thought I may be of assistance. We also just moved to the area (Suncoast Lakes in Land O Lakes). In response to your inquiry regarding mortgage protection, a quote of $500 monthly does seem very high. I'm hoping this isn't the rate they are making you pay for PMI insurance. PMI (Private mortgage insurance) is a requirement on all mortgages in which less than 20% is put on a down payment. Mortgage protection on the other hand is a combination of life insurance and disability insurance to help cover the value of the loan in case of death or disability. Typically speaking, you are always better off shopping the market than going with the base plans offered through banks. My specialty happens to fall in this particular area. If you feel I may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to send me a private message or post a reply. Good luck and I hope you find my response helpful. All the best, Dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay