U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 PM

15 posts, read 75,232 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I'm starting yet another thread regarding what parts of tampa are good. I'll most likely be working downtown and have a son in pre-school. I see a lot of mentions about south Tampa being a good area in general. Is it loud though being around the airport and air base?

What other pockets of tampa are good?

We're willing to look at suburbs and have done a lot of research on Brandon.

Any help would be great! We are coming from Chicago - we are sick of the winter weather.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 04:28 PM

127 posts, read 399,237 times
I live in South Tampa, also work in downtown and also have a son in preschool. We love South Tampa. Most neighborhoods in S Tampa are not close enought to MacDill to hear any activity - same goes for TIA. Noise is not a problem for us.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 PM

13,768 posts, read 35,419,066 times
Unless you live right next to MacDill you won't be bothered by noise. TIA flight pattern is over the bay.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 PM

144 posts, read 651,535 times
If you are looking for other areas, I would suggest checking out this section of Temple Terrace:

33617 - Nice

You can park your car at the Riverhills Park and walk around the neighborhood. It's pretty nice. Quiet. Matured. You will see classic (old) houses sitting next to $500k+ homes. Plus, there's lots of mature trees, so it's quite enjoyable to have some shade or hear the leaves rustling.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:49 PM

15 posts, read 75,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjr View Post
I live in South Tampa, also work in downtown and also have a son in preschool. We love South Tampa. Most neighborhoods in S Tampa are not close enought to MacDill to hear any activity - same goes for TIA. Noise is not a problem for us.
Thanks rtjr. Any advice on street boundaries to stay within for a good area in south tampa?

Last edited by elevendollarlife; 02-12-2009 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 02-13-2009, 06:53 PM

13,768 posts, read 35,419,066 times
Depending on what your budget.. South of Kennedy from Westshore to Bayshore to Gandy Blvd.. is the better area called NOG by folks here.

South of Gandy (SOG) has some areas that are not as nice and run down.

Are you looking to rent a house or apt?

Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM

3 posts, read 4,998 times
Default Brandon

South Tampa is very nice though I lived in Brandon and Valrico for about 15 years and really enjoyed it. It's a great area to raise children and is close to shopping, movies, I-75 and Lee Roy Selmon's Highway. It's an easy commute to downtown Tampa and the home prices are less expensive than South Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay