Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 6,938 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to the New Port Richey area; I found a nice home in the Beacon Square neighborhood, on Sail Dr. I've heard and seen postings that the Holiday area is not so good - anyone know anything about the Beacon Square area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM

112 posts, read 364,411 times
The neighborhood off Moog Road is sketchier the closer you get to US19. Closer to the water is fairly nice. People seem to keep their houses in shape, nice newly paved streets, fairly inexpensive houses. Look here and click on "Crime Tracker" on the bottom right corner for more info.

http://community.tbo.com/

Old 09-05-2007, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,881 times
Default Sail Drive

I live on Sail Drive and as long as we have lived here nothing has ever happen here. It is very quiet. We are on the water and enjoy it a lot. The neighbors have yet to speak to us but that's ok .

Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 6,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exenzed View Post
I'm relocating to the New Port Richey area; I found a nice home in the Beacon Square neighborhood, on Sail Dr. I've heard and seen postings that the Holiday area is not so good - anyone know anything about the Beacon Square area?
We live in Beacon Square on Richboro. It is very quiet & safe where we are but if you are buying watch all of the insurances.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:57 AM

6 posts, read 17,455 times
Is there a home owners association? I recently Moved into the beacon square subdivision
and have had problems with being able to park on the street. I have looked in the Pasco county statues and see no ord prohibiting it.Now I know the streets are narrow there and i'm not talking about a long term parking thing. just some times overnight or for the weekend. It seems there are a few people that are having a problem with this.I sure would like to get the facts with this. thanks for any help.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,621 times
I just bought a house in Beacon Square and it was a great deal. The neighborhood is quiet and most people keep their properties in good shape. The people that have commented about this area sayin that the traffic is bad and that their are gangs here just make me laugh. They are obviously from somewhere in the country where nobody lives and have a very negative outlook on life. There's a great beach 15 minutes away and plenty of jobs and entertainment within 30-45 minutes away.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,470 times
Default Think Twice

I am from Pinellas and bought a home here because it is cheaper and I regret my purchase. Yes,there are parts that are better than others in Beacon Square,but you are still very close to the bums on the corner of Moog and 19 asking for a hand out and the prostitutes who seem to work all hours of the day and night. I do not even like to walk my dog outside and I do not think I will ever let my child play outside here. Do a quick look up of pedophiles and if you have children,you will definitely want to look for a better area. I know they are everywhere, but there is more that average here it seems. I do not want to seem like a negative nelly but my family and I are stuck here because we are upside down because of the market and I would hate for others to be in the same boat.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:55 PM

6 posts, read 22,061 times
I lived on Glissade Dr. in Beacon Square for about three years. I loved the neighborhood at first, since all of our neighbors were elderly or had families and were quiet, but then the housing boom brought in many low-income renters which I believe is what ran down parts of the neighborhood. All of the homes around mine quickly became eyesores so I moved out of there right before the market tanked. I've never encountered any gangs, prostitutes or homeless people walking past our house - but there are a couple of pedophiles listed in the neighborhood (that I never saw).

There are still some streets that are well maintained like Sail Dr. and Edgemont Drive - homes that are closer to the water.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 11,984 times
Red face Love it so far

We just bought a place on Sail Drive. Needs some work but we are excited about it. Right on the canal, close enough to Rt 19 to get whatever you need but far enough to be away from the traffic and noise. Worse problem we have had is not being able to find the sewer line clean out for the house. So far , so good!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 11,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgrpg View Post
We live in Beacon Square on Richboro. It is very quiet & safe where we are but if you are buying watch all of the insurances.
we just bought on Sail Drive and love it so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay