Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 05:54 AM

44 posts, read 114,009 times

Advertisements

My daughter will be in P-K this coming year. We will be living at Bayshore Arbors. Can anyone tell me where she would go to P-K in the area? where the program is? thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,697,912 times
Pre-K is now done in the daycares. Most schools stopped taking pre-k unless you child has special needs. You will need to get the VPK voucher from head start. even though I paid full price, they would not accept my child without the VPK voucher. I hope this helps.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:00 AM

Mquintana....what is a VPK voucher? we are moving from Canada and don"t have that. We have PreK right at the schools. What is the cost for this?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:13 AM

Is Bayshore Arbors in Hillsborough County? I have never heard of it before...
The VPK voucher is free. It is actually a piece of paper that the daycare requires. It pays for the pre-k, so if you work, you are really only paying for the daycare, not for the pre-k (think like a few hours a day for pre-k that you are paying for and the rest of the day is the actual care of your child). You will have to go to a headstart office to get one. Here is the website for info on it: Hillsborough County Government Online - Head Start - Services (http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/headstart/services/vpk.cfm - broken link)

This website is just general info on the voucher: FloridaChild | Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK)

Now if you live in Pinellas County, this is the link to the PDF form and info on the voucher: http://www.childcarepinellas.org/Docs/vpk/AWI-VPKChild08.pdf (broken link)
Here is more info on Pinellas Co. VPK voucher: http://www.pinellas.k12.fl.us/forParents/files/45C9626895774836A495C5DFF9CBD396.pdf (broken link)

And here is the Pasco Co. info on VPK: Prekindergarten Services New Website (http://prek.pasco.k12.fl.us/index.html - broken link)

VPK Stands for Voluntary Pre-Kindergarden. It is not required to attend Pre-k. I put up info on all 3 counties because I do not know where Bayshor Arbors is. I hope this all helps you! Let me know if you need more help!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:55 AM

Thanks so much! you are awesome! I realized that I make a spelling mistake. It is bayside arbors. I believe that it is pinellas county. I will look into these sites. My daughter is currently in a Pre-K program here (Junior Kindergarden) Our cut off for school is Dec 30 so she actually started when she was 3 (turned 4 in november) She has learned all her letters and sounds and starting her blends of sounds. I know that it is not mandatory for her to go to Pre-K but she is so used to going that I want to keep her in. Will she go 9-12 everyday? Here she goes tues/thurs full days and every other friday...thanks again for all your help

Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 AM

You're welcome-not a problem.
It's something to that effect. I had my daughter in it, but I worked too so they just charged me for the actual daycare for her and I picked her up after work. I think it is 5 days a week and it's during the school year because I remember them saying about the school holidays and so forth. It's always good to have the kids in pre-k first so that way it is easier for them in kindergarden. Best of luck to you and let me know if you need more help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay