Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:24 PM

774 posts, read 2,367,642 times

Advertisements

Taxes are paid to Sarasota county and North Port.

160,000 - $25,000 (if you qualify for homestead exemption) = $135,000

$135,000 x 16.43 (Sarasota County) = $2218.00 x 85% (assessed value) =

$1885.34 Sarasota County Tax
+ 445.50 North Port Tax (3.3 mil)
_________
$2330.84 Total

I just got my homeowners bill which was $865.00 year on a 2200 sq ft home.

Hope that helps. You can call the Sarasota County tax assessors office to verify these figures.

In Rhode Island my tax bill will be over $5000.00 and my homeowners ins. was $2000.00 recently. Heating bill can go up to $4000.00 every 6-7 month winter.
Don't even get me started!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 02:34 PM

14 posts, read 74,008 times
Yes, thank you that does help. I hear you on the rising taxes in "the north" and the heating bills.....................JEEZ!!! Our property taxes have risen almost $1000 since last year. I figure with all the things we pay for here like say, heat 7 months a year and rising property taxes we will actually make out pretty good in Florida. My husband does HVAC work. do you think he will have any problem finding a job there??

Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 AM

93 posts, read 369,025 times
Taxes on a 160K house in North Port are about 2600 but there are big doings in the state legislature as well as reduced assessments my guess is that the prop taxes should drop by about 20% for resident homeowners. Cranberry is a very busy street. Make sure you buy a house that has City water and sewer. The wll water down here stinks. Plus you will avoid a huge assessment down the road for hooking up to city water and sewer. Approx 10K or more.

Another thing you should do is ask the locals about different builders. Way too many of them are putting up JUNK, installing the cheapest cabinets and appliances they can find. I would suggest looking at a house no newer than 3-5 years. This way you can see the results of the workmanship when it was built. Right now there are alot of bargains out there but this will not last too much longer. Figure on another 6mos or so of these prices and then the tide will probably turn. Not as happened in 2005 but a more sane appreciation rate of about 10% per year. Another point here. Do not listen to all the doom & gloom people....they bought too high, bought too much or just could not afford to buy. Lots of sour grapes out ther.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,208 times
Hi, sckofmichigan. My husband and I are also looking to relocate to FL over the summer. Were thinking of the Clearwater/Tampa area. Your questions are great because he is also in the HVAC business. It would be a huge move for us. Our son will be entering High School in the fall. Do you know anything about the schools down there? In the North Port/Sarasota areas? What area did you decide on. Thanks to all who have responded to your great questions because they are a big help to us as well.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:38 AM

14 posts, read 74,008 times
We have decided on North port!!! We have vacationed to the St. Pete/ Clearwater area for the last 10 years and love it there. When I started looking for a newer house with a 2 car garage for about $150,000, there were NONE!! Also, the schools in that area didn't give me a good feeling. We live in a small town in Michigan ( high school has 400 students) and I am pretty nervous about moving my daughter to a school with 1500 students but the schools in North port look much, much better. My daughter will be going into the 7th grade. I went to greatschhols.net. Also found nice newer homes for about 150,000. We are excited!! Our house has to sell first of course but it will. Think of how many people use air conditioning down there. I'm sure our husbands can find work pretty easy???? Good luck!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,333,855 times
This looks like a nice area. There are beautiful pics of Warm Mineral Springs on CD. I'm curious as to why one of the zip codes in North Port is 34287 and the zip for Warm Mineral Springs is the same. Has North Port grown so much that the two towns are connected?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM

35 posts, read 108,422 times
Warm Mineral Springs is a blip on the map. It is actually part of North Port. Ok, I do have some bad news. My ex wife's boyfriend is in the HVAC business and I am an electrician. Be ready for a considerable pay cut. Hourly you are looking anywhere between $14 and $22 maybe $25, if they are even hiring!!!!! I emphasis that one. Most companies down here have had layoffs majorly in the new construction market. Some are doing very little. The boyfriend I mentioned , the company he works for does piece work and if I remember correctly the pay on the house has gone down $100 to 175 per house, now at about $300 to $400 per house. Thats if the market gets back up, I am not as optimistic as Arrgh on this. Service is the only part still doing ok. Foreclosures are on the rise and going to get worse!! The one thing not mentioned by alot of the people in real estate, now remember they are in real estate, is there is a surplus of homes that could take up to 2 to 2 1/2 yrs to sell and the same for condo's. Do your research thats all I can say. And please don't get me wrong I love this area, but just do you research!!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:48 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,333,855 times
I found this area interesting and did a bit of checking on it today. It showed the warm springs and said the yearly fee for it is 1200. I was a bit surprised by that, but then the article said that this was the springs that was found by Ponce de Leon when he thought he'd found the Fountain of Youth.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 PM

24 posts, read 123,204 times
Default North Port Homes

I have a house in North Port, we need to move, so I'll sell you mine
3/2/2 with a pool and privacy fence. MLS #547101 I have to transfer cause of work....Insurance went up but are taxes didn't

Old 04-14-2007, 07:46 AM

93 posts, read 369,025 times
Interesting Article in the local rag re employment in the construction trades, it is worth reading. You can find it here.........
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NESS/704140480
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay