Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:34 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,003,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
si33
1st off, as I mentioned before, NOT ALL UNINSURED DRIVERS CHOOSE TO BE UNINSURED, get that through your head....
Yes they do. If you don't have insurance, it is illegal to have your car on the road and drive it. Therefore, if you are doing so, it is your choice to drive uninsured. It is also against the law.

Your insurance is supposed to protect me. You driving around without insurance causes my rates to go up. How is that fair?

You say you can afford a video camera. Life is about choices. Sell the camera and get some insurance. I shouldn't pay more for my insurance so you can play with your toys. I don't have a video camera.

And if you have kids-why in the world would you even consider, for one second, puttign them in a car with no insurance. If there is an accident, who is going to pay their medical expenses?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,202,358 times
Talking Community Service!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Jail time is not the answer for not having auto insurance. I carry it here cause i have no choice. A ticket is VERY expensive. Its not worth it. What is min liability in fl ?
I would agree with you that jail time is not the answer for not having auto insurance......and making them pay a fine is not the answer either......but making someone do Community Service every weekend for 2 to 3 months has a definate wake-up and smell the roses result......after all...if you realized that if caught you would have to give up every weekend for the next 3 months would you take that chance......perhaps we could video tape them and make a television add out of it so as to discourage others from driving without insurance......

Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,250,550 times
Lilybeans: OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T READ! I have insurance matter of fact even before having a car!!!! was on hubby's policy as additional driver............I wasn't talking about me!!! i was talking about the FACT that there are other people out there, usually low and middle class who cannot afford it! and these people are NOT given a fair choice, these are normal people! get off your stupid high horse and realize that not every single US citizen makes over $50k a year and can afford a million insurance policies! just because someone cannot afford insurance it doesn't make them bad people! you are very offensive and ignorant if that's what you REALLY think!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:44 AM

Sorry. The way you were talking was you had no insurance.

Insurance is not expensive. If you can afford to drive, you can afford the insurance. It's a requirement, so it needs to be factored in to your expenses. If you can't afford it, then you shouldn't drive. People spend money on lots of things. I see people with no insurance, yet they have no problem buying cigarettes and beer. Then they complain when they get into trouble.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,250,550 times
"Insurance is not expensive. If you can afford to drive, you can afford the insurance." ...once again you are assuming that ALL the people just have loads of money.......if that was the case then everyone would also have health insurance!!!!!!!! right? so now, let's say how all the people without health insurance are bad and we should kill them all! we don't have health insurance nor we can afford to have any.........thanks to the same exact GREED.

You are talking about a category of people who are part of the lower to lowest class around...people whom you don't know their circumstances, how they got into that situation and why they cannot come out of it.....so, let's not generalize....my premium is not higher because other's don't have insurance, it makes no sense since when you do buy car insurance you use your social security #.......it is really hard to tell/believe that everyone in my zip code NOW are having a poor driving record.....as a matter of fact judging by the cars they are driving and the houses they live in, these people not only have good driving records but also very high credit scores..........which if this was judged by the area, then my premium should be VERY LOW...........

The problem with car insurance and actually EVERY single insurance product here is that insurance companies are after making money and they could care less if people make $25k a year versus $50k a year..........there is no middle ground around, if there was a middle ground around then everyone would be able to afford a policy.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:20 AM

When you accept the privilege of driving on public highways, you agree to have a valid license and have insurance. That's the requirements. If you don't want to do that, then don't drive on public highways.

Driving is a privilege and not a right. If you don't want to follow the rules, don't drive.

Medical insurance is expensive, but there are deals out there if you shop around.

And yes, lot's of things factor into insurance rates. Uninsured drivers are a portion of that. Poor credit risks are also a portion of that. Repair costs in a particular area and medical costs in a particular area also factor in.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Lilybeans: OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T READ! I have insurance matter of fact even before having a car!!!! was on hubby's policy as additional driver............I wasn't talking about me!!! i was talking about the FACT that there are other people out there, usually low and middle class who cannot afford it! and these people are NOT given a fair choice, these are normal people! get off your stupid high horse and realize that not every single US citizen makes over $50k a year and can afford a million insurance policies! just because someone cannot afford insurance it doesn't make them bad people! you are very offensive and ignorant if that's what you REALLY think!
I don't know of any country that allows people to drive uninsured...as others have stated...driving is a privilage and if you need to drive to get to your job...than pay first for a very cheap car + ins. before buying beer, and anything else that is so called "luxurious items"...clothes can be gotten at very cheap places...

Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,021,715 times
Agreed, and hey!!, if the first job isn't paying enough..and not working you enough hours, get a second job..DO NOT put people's lives in danger because of pure laziness and poor poor pity the guy who can't buy proper insurance but can afford beer and some grass..if not worse..it's all about priorities Maann..

Walk if you ain't got any, Maaannn..

Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,202,358 times
Cool Wow

[quote=algia;11632409]si33
1st off, as I mentioned before, NOT ALL UNINSURED DRIVERS CHOOSE TO BE UNINSURED, get that through your head......

You are absolutely right Algia......not all drivers choose to be uninsured......but they do CHOOSE TO DRIVE and perhaps you should get that through your head......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay