Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM

44 posts, read 146,242 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Husband and I just got back from our trip to Clearwater/St. Pete. We went specifically to check out the areas we want to move to, and Dunedin was number one on our list going in. Now we can say hand's down that Dunedin is the perfect fit for us. Checked out the schools, homes to rent, etc. Thanks to anyone who has helped give me advice on here.

We drove around getting numbers for places to rent, but I wanted to see if anyone knew a real estate agent or two in the Dunedin area that also works with Rentals. We would really rather rent a home or townhome versus an apartment community. We've been looking on Craigslist but I understand that can be sketchy..

Also I am in the process of getting my Massage license transferred from Ohio to Florida (which will take a little doing unfortunately) so to start off I may need to get a different job while we get on our feet and my licensing gets finished. My experience is in the medical field, mostly Secretary type of work. So I have been looking into Dunedin Mease Hospital. Wanted to see if anyone works there and if they enjoy it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:16 PM

428 posts, read 1,243,377 times
Are you renting only temporarily, for a few months, with the intent to buy once you settle in? If so, check out longer term vacation rentals. They can be booked by the month. We used the site, vrbo.com, but I'm sure there are others.

Otherwise your best bet is to find a good real estate agent. How you do this, I do not know. Right now prospective buyers and even renters should have a huge upper hand. One hates to waste those kind of cards. But I think to take advantage of the current market, you need a realtor who will work hard.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 PM

44 posts, read 146,242 times
Thanks for the help. We plan on renting for 1-2 years and then look into buying a home.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:28 PM

3 posts, read 15,084 times
Default rentals

Try www.rentals.com
www.homes.com also has a rental section if you look to the top right hand corner. We are looking to move to the area as well and are renting a furnished condo for one month while we look for a long term rental we like.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:01 PM

45 posts, read 113,928 times
I am looking at a couple of places to purchase in Dunedin and would be happy to rent to you. What are your needs space wise and where do you want to be in rents?

Old 01-05-2015, 05:16 PM

15 posts, read 26,773 times
Tidy, we are also considering a move to Dunedin. Can you let me know if you are still there and if you are happy with your move and any other info you can share? How long of a drive is it to Tampa?

Old 03-14-2021, 03:39 PM

214 posts, read 260,324 times
Default Dunedin vs St Pete downtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward G Hamm View Post
CleARWATER is boring an racist. White man who grew up there. My wife and I fled.
Has that changed at all lately?

Middle class Gay interracial couple here, looking to retire in Downtown St Pete or nearby in 6 years, but afraid we won't be able to even afford a 2bd/1bth apartment with 300K in today dollars

So we are looking at nearby areas that offer a walkable downtown where you can walk to most places with minimum driving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay