U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 AM

77 posts, read 185,850 times

Advertisements

Hi!
Is anybody interested in playing tennis or volleyball in the St. Pete / Clearwater/Tampa area? I live near Ulmerton & Feather Sound in St. Pete, so I would prefer playing somewhere near that. The place where I live has a tennis court, and we can work something out as far as volleyball goes.
I would like to play on weekday evenings and maybe on weekends.
If you have any other sport, in mind- do let me know too - I might be interested.
Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 09:07 AM

Nobody plays tennis or volleyball here? Very funny

Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,966,099 times
Tennis is no longer the "in" sport, is it? Used to be you couldn't get on the court in the 80s because people were lining up to play. Nowadays you see courts never used except by skateboarders and people walking their dogs. What a shame.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Oh yeah, not an aerobic sport, but you might pick up the game of golf. A lot more expensive than tennis, less exercise benefit, but a good way to meet people.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:36 PM

It is kind of strange - I'm new to the area, and 24 year old guy who wants to get actively involved in sport, and in the process, meet people as well.

I don't know why its so difficult! I live in a nice apartment community with a tennis court - I've pasted ads on the laundry as well as the tennis court to see if anyone's interested in playing - nobody responds. People just want to be indoors - I don't know even know my neighbor lol.

I moved to the US 2 years back. But I was in a college town earlier, and everything was so different - people were so friendly and wanting to make friends all the time.The atmosphere here is so different - has it always been like this? I'm kind of disappointed!

Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 PM

Most people probably associate w/ their fellow workers. There are a few theads about sports leagues (soccer, softball, basketball) - another way to start to meet new people. Might look into joining a fitness club, too.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,903 times
hows it going? i don't really care for tennis much but i love to play volleyball an i just moved here from texas and also am looking to get some games going.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:40 AM

haven't seen the original poster since he/she started the thread - I'd guess that the beach would be the best place to find a game.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,794 times
There is a thriving beach volleyball community here. For leagues near Feather Sound, check out Club V (tampabayvolleyball.com) or Snafu (snafuvolleyball.com). Club V also has one night of indoor leagues. Slightly farther away but still pretty close, Tampa Bay Club Sports runs leagues at Crabby Bill's in Tampa. Pick-up games for intermediate and advanced players (almost exclusively doubles) can be found at Club V on many weeknights, at the Undertow in St. Pete Beach on weekends, and at Northshore Park in St. Pete on weekends, as well as various other places. A variety of different organizations host weekend beach tournaments with levels ranging from beginning to pro - most are during the summer, but there are a few winter tournaments as well. Your best bet to meet people who play is probably to join a league and find some other people about your level.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,437 times
Default ???

saw this post and looking for same...place to play volleyball but prefer on beach though. i have played at club v and it is a good crowd but prefer the beach...does anyone know of group that plays regularly on a beach? clearwater? when and what nights or times on weekends? not looking for pro level but good fun 2 man games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or