Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:46 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
My mom lives in a VERY active adult community just outside of SCC, called Valencia Lakes, she LOVES it, beautiful new community, very active 55+ community, HUGE social, recreation center, all kinds of housing, about 30 min from downtown Tampa and beaches via the skyway. GL Homes.
Just visited there. Looks like they've put a halt to all new building due to the market slump. Curious if your mom is concerned about that community having economic problems and not being able to support the community amenities.

Last edited by BucFan; 07-15-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 05:55 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,378,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Just visited there. Looks like they've put a halt to all new building due to the market slump. Curious if you're mom is concerned about that community having economic problems and not being able to support the community amenities.
The value of her home as defintely plummeted like the rest, (down about 25k), but they are still building strong, all three of the initial communities are almost all built out, and now they are adding to the 'Villas"(townehomes) area near the community center. Seems every time I visit a new homes/homes are being constructed and they sure build them FAST.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
I'm considering one of the villas if the price is right.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,299,617 times
Westshore Yacht Club is very nice, and has a marina...and generally South Tampa, Davis Islands, around Bayshore Blvd, that area looks nice and "European like" thanks to all the billion dollar mansions...

However I am European too and the word "cosmopolitan" really doesn't belong in Florida....more like DC, NYC....and well, Europe,...I am not trying to be a smart Alec here but FL is "beige sub division heaven"! (no other colors allowed!)...there are not that many local Broadway type theaters, more like who ever comes to visit and you have money available to go.....or time!

Cheval is well guarded...(not) we got our DVD player stolen from our driveway....by the looks of it and it's CDD fees (Community Development District) you'd think that people here can afford an $80 portable DVD player!!!!! but apparently they can't! also stop signs mean NOTHING here! as everyone is speeding through the 25 mile an hour zone as if it was formula 1!!!! yay! I would say it seems well guarded because it is far away from the crack towns...I have a Sheriffs car in front of my house every other day trying to catch speeders and stop sign runners!!!!!!! ridiculous! what a waste of tax payers money that is!!! and all this within a few steps from the playground for small children!

I would say Miami Beach (not the rest of Miami) fits your bill better......

Regards,

Old 07-17-2009, 12:17 PM

27 posts, read 156,397 times
There are a number of gates communities in westchase.. might be what you're looking for. The "newness" and security without the bluehairs dominating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay