Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 6,933 times

Advertisements

I think I'm over obsessing about my car lately. It's a classic Buick and I just don't want it to rust. It used to not be this way, I never cared about the old cars I had as a teenager, and you know, they never rusted. But now every morning when I get into my car I freak out over the dew that has settled on my '94 Century. If you open my trunk, you can see a a thin layer of surface rust on that bottom edge of the trunk lid (it was probably there when I got the car). I've come to look at this place as a harsh, humid habitat with an insatiable appetite for metal, my Buick Century. It's like I don't even like anything associated with humidity anymore such as lush vegetation. I don't even eat fruit anymore, fruit pisses me off. And the only time I like water is when I'm thirsty. If I could just get over this worrying about my car rusting, I could be more content here. I could move to the desert but I'd be so far from my family. I don't want a new car either, I like this one. They don't make cars like this anymore, with the bench seating up front and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,491,403 times
I think you need Tuscon not Tampa.

Either that or park your car in a GARAGE and you wont have the dew problem.

Nav

Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM

265 posts, read 974,938 times
Age doesnt benefit much of anything, except some fine wines and perhaps Demi Moore. Are you sure your car is rusting because of Florida or perhaps because its 15 years old?

Theres a classic car show every month in Apollo Beach in the Winn Dixie parking lot. I'm sure your classic 94 Buick would fit in nicely with the classic Model T's, Corvettes, Bel Airs, Mustangs, Camaros, Impalas, Studebakers, and whatnot. You should check it out...

Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 AM

154 posts, read 533,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltznucs View Post

Theres a classic car show every month in Apollo Beach in the Winn Dixie parking lot. I'm sure your classic 94 Buick would fit in nicely with the classic Model T's, Corvettes, Bel Airs, Mustangs, Camaros, Impalas, Studebakers, and whatnot. You should check it out...
Did I sense some irony, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: