U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 AM

705 posts, read 1,435,649 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relocating. We're in our 40's. No kids. I'll be welding. I'm thinking most of the industrial stuff is on the southeast side of town. Looking for someplace that's not scuzzy close to downtown and that area. How's Brandon? Any other areas we might be interested in?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,386,269 times
Yes, there is an industrial area in Sabal Park-it's in Tampa, but about 10 mins. or less from Brandon. I live here and I have 2 kids and I like it. I don't think you would be disappointed. The newer part of Brandon (around Causeway) is where you will want to look. Everything is close by, shopping and resturants.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:24 PM

705 posts, read 1,435,649 times
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 AM

413 posts, read 1,280,623 times
Brandon is a great location because Tampa is close by and they have just about everything you could want. With the highway nearby, you can get anywhere you want to. Traffic on 60 can be bad at certain times of the day but nothing you can't get used to. I currently live in Lakeland and if I was going to move someplace else in Florida it would be Brandon.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:48 PM

14,790 posts, read 21,640,192 times
Yeah brandon is a good place to live it has nice people and right now I am in Ky but am leaving the last part of may to move back to florida . I cannot stand it here in ky . all my friends and family are in tampa and seffner and that is where I want to be . Yeah I am going back and I am selling everything I own to do it . If something bad is going to happen let it happen where you have family and friends .

Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM

16,256 posts, read 34,855,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yeah brandon is a good place to live it has nice people and right now I am in Ky but am leaving the last part of may to move back to florida . I cannot stand it here in ky . all my friends and family are in tampa and seffner and that is where I want to be . Yeah I am going back and I am selling everything I own to do it . If something bad is going to happen let it happen where you have family and friends .
What don't you like in Kentucky? I remember some of your older posts when you lived here before, where you said you hated it here in Florida and thought Kentucky was great.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
What don't you like in Kentucky? I remember some of your older posts when you lived here before, where you said you hated it here in Florida and thought Kentucky was great.
well the first part is random there is cabin fever you stay in your house too long because of the winter and there is nothing to do here other than the movies !!! I cannot stand to be cooped up for months at a time and this past winter we had an ice storm that was horriffic !!! and lastly there are not even call center jobs up here . I just called my old boss and he offered me my old job back so I am going back and am going to have to live with my cousin for a while , so that I can get back on my feet . are you from the north just asking cause I did not realize you get cabin fever up here in ky .

Old 03-26-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiWrites View Post
Brandon is a great location because Tampa is close by and they have just about everything you could want. With the highway nearby, you can get anywhere you want to. Traffic on 60 can be bad at certain times of the day but nothing you can't get used to. I currently live in Lakeland and if I was going to move someplace else in Florida it would be Brandon.
I think Lakeland is a nice place to live too is it not ? i drove over there one day cause we , my cousin and me were headed to winter haven for a wedding and we drove through lakeland and liked it .
tell me what you think ?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:11 PM

16,256 posts, read 34,855,974 times
Quote:
I think Lakeland is a nice place to live too is it not ? i drove over there one day cause we , my cousin and me were headed to winter haven for a wedding and we drove through lakeland and liked it .
tell me what you think ?
Lakeland is a beautiful place to live for many people. We lived there for a year and a half, and enjoyed it very much, it has a wonderful vintage charm to it. Like any city, it does have a few "bad areas" but overall it is clean and beautiful, with many lakes, parks, arts and recreational opportunities. It is also an easy drive to either Tampa or Orlando for anyone needing the "big city."

Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,386,269 times
Lakeland is about 40-45 mins. away from where the OP is going to be working. I am sure they would rather live closer and still be in a nice area like Brandon.

Quote:
tell me what you think ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay