Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:06 AM

769 posts, read 826,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Part of Westchase has paid off their bond and have no further CDD payment. Same with a few others (Cheval East). They all still have the deed restrictions and an HOA.
The ONLY part of Westchase that it is possible for that to have happened is Country Way, which was developed in 1984, the rest of westchase was developed in the mid-late 90's and there's no way their 30 year bond has been paid, unless somehow it was paid off early.

Of course you still have deed restrictions and HOA. The only way that goes away is if the development votes to disband it. That is BAD news... things turn to **** real quick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 06:45 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,515,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
The ONLY part of Westchase that it is possible for that to have happened is Country Way, which was developed in 1984, the rest of westchase was developed in the mid-late 90's and there's no way their 30 year bond has been paid, unless somehow it was paid off early.

Of course you still have deed restrictions and HOA. The only way that goes away is if the development votes to disband it. That is BAD news... things turn to **** real quick
Country way was developed the same exact time as Westchase was. Waters use to dead-end at the Woodlake/Timberlane entrance until '93 so how could Countryway of been developed without a road (Waters) going thru it?

Show me a house in Countryway built in '84 ?
Most were built 10 yrs later around '94.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post
Country way was developed the same exact time as Westchase was. Waters use to dead-end at the Woodlake/Timberlane entrance until '93 so how could Countryway of been developed without a road (Waters) going thru it?

CountryWay was developed as a subdivision with an entrance ONLY on Memorial Highway or Hillsborough Ave, Waters did not go through. Neither did Linebaugh. So it had one entrance in and out, on the West. They started site development in 1984, home building in late 84 or maybe 85. I know this because my dad was in construction and laid block on some of the houses built there. And I helped him on weekends. And we moved in 1986, so I know it was before that. At that time Memorial highway was still a through road, 2 lane, and they extended Hillsborough and made it 4, later 6 lanes through Oldsmar

I know Waters didnt go through. I am old enough to remember that it used to end at the canal, and was called Redbraes on the West side of Sheldon Rd

Westchase was developed MUCH later. Around the time that they extended Linebaugh West through to Race Track Rd and extended Countryway blvd North to intersect with Race Track Rd / 9 Eagles. And they also extended Waters to end at Countryway Blvd too

Last edited by CubsFan20; 11-24-2015 at 09:07 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 08:32 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,578,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post

The Radcliff section (and possibly others) in Westchase have paid off their bond. They do pay operations and maintenance for the pools, tennis courts, parks, playgrounds, paths, etc..

Tree Tops on the north side of Montague has no CDD either. It does have a hefty HOA due in part to the private streets and a gated community.

CDD bonds purchased by developers to build community infrastructure can be paid off before maturity.

I don't post unless I have the facts to back it up.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 11-24-2015 at 09:01 AM..

Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPB View Post

So I was a couple years off, the houses on Stone Crossing Circle and Snapdragon Rd (the first 2 streets on the West entrance off of Countryway Blvd were built in 1987/88.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay