U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM

7 posts, read 15,284 times

Advertisements

We are considering relocating to Florida and at first we were looking at Naples area and we just came across the Inverness area. If anyone has info on the area. We are a family of 4 and will possibly be renting at first. We are looking for a great area for Children and would have a tech school so I could get a job. I am an Auto Collision Teacher and if anyone has any info on possible teaching jobs, that would be great.
These are the areas in question:
Naples area
Lakeland
Inverness
Ft. Myers
Anywhere else that has a high school level technical school with Auto Body.
Thanx for all help!!!!

PS: My wife is a stay at home mom and we Homeschool our girls. If there are any Homeschool groups on here, hit us with some info.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,279,736 times
Naples is where the rich people live. Maybe not all of Naples is rich, but you are going to pay a higher price to live there. Ft. Myers is a little better, but still expensive to live. Lakeland is more affordable. I am not too familar with Lakeland. All I ever hear about it is the crime on the news. I am sure there are nice sections of Lakeland. Iverness is more small town country. Depends on what you are looking for.

Maybe there is a magnet school or technical school for auto collision. That is an area I am not familar with.

Orlando has a big once a year convention for homeschooling. It is HUGE! An ex-neighbor home schooled her kids and told me about it. If you have never been, it is worth going. I am sure you will have no problems finding homeschooling groups. However, I live in the New Tampa area, and know of a family that homeschools. She could not find a group that was open to newcomers. They had there nice little group and did not want any more.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:54 PM

219 posts, read 537,676 times
I worked in Inverness for a couple of years at the hospital there (Citrus Memorial). I liked the town. It is small...but is growing quick. The real estate there I have never really researched but I know a few people that live there and they say renting is a pretty good deal. A lot of bang for the buck. There really isn't a lot to do as far as nightlife, but sounds like you are probably not into that. But I found it to be very "mayberry" in certain ways. Mind you, I did not spend a GREAT deal of time there. I commuted there for work. So my experience is purely driving through and having lunch and dinner. I stayed the night a few times here and there and always liked it. I would highly suggest visiting first.

I am not sure how the job market is there as far as tech teaching goes. I am sure that you could google that and find everything that may be in that area.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:19 PM

23 posts, read 68,351 times
I graduated from Tampa Bay Technical High School. It's not directly in any of the areas you listed, but they have a very nice auto body program.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,936 times
When we moved from California, We like Valrico and Plant City. We ended up in Plant City due to it's location near the I4 and we could be anywhere within 15-30 minutes. The schools here are great and I did look into homeschooling and found a lot of networks. I would look into Walden Lake are of plant City.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:28 PM

338 posts, read 920,006 times
We lived in Citrus County (Inverness,Beverly Hills, Crystal River,Homosassa) for 2 1/2 yrs and it is very nice. Not too built up, plenty of country/farm areas around the towns.There is a mall in Crystal River that is rather unique. It is a nice place to raise a family. People are generally very friendly and more laid back than more urban areas. Home prices are reasonable for what you get. Jobs--now that I can't say is especially a good market especially with this current economy. The Withlacoochee Technical Institute is in Inverness and may meet your needs. I think it may be a good fit for your family as you describe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay