Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 09:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Pasco's growth decelerates

-------
Still, Awinda Urella, an architect, said being surrounded by vacant lots isn't all that bad. For one thing, it's quiet.

"We're happy not to have a lot of neighbors," she said. "It's like having your own estate."

I agree with this last statement....it isn't so bad having no neighbors....I have an empty home next to me for almost 1,5 years and before that they were already more gone than here....soon it some one will be moving in and we hope they will be nice neighbors!
So far all the bankowned that were sold, were bought by people who are behaving way nicer than the people who bought it in the first place...the new buyers appreciate their new homes....the other ones were like they were entitled to that home without paying and maintaining it from day 1!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 12:55 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,192 times
Very little appeal now to live in Pasco and commute now that prices of housing is way down.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 AM

849 posts, read 2,922,504 times
Good news, IMO. I live in Pasco, and the growth in the past years has far exceeded the county's ability to manage traffic properly. For some reason, Pasco road and bridge has absolutely ZERO concept of what signal light timing means. Drive on 19 between Ridge Rd. and Ranch Rd. Chances are, you will stop at every traffic light through this area because of this. It's a joke. And you can also see the difference in driving through Pinellas along 19 or any other road when compared to Pasco. Traffic flows smoothly down in Pinellas, although it is pretty busy as well. But as soon as you cross into Pasco, traffic becomes an absolute nightmare.
If they want more people to move here, they need to do more work to Pasco's roads, stop thinking that the solution to every problem intersection is to add a traffic light, and also clean up some of the empty and shoddy looking businesses that are everywhere. I mean, how long has the old Graffiti Beach building been sitting abandoned on Ridge Rd.? Or all the empty businesses, or all the run down homes around here? Come on, Pasco. Get with the times.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
Good news, IMO. I live in Pasco, and the growth in the past years has far exceeded the county's ability to manage traffic properly. For some reason, Pasco road and bridge has absolutely ZERO concept of what signal light timing means. Drive on 19 between Ridge Rd. and Ranch Rd. Chances are, you will stop at every traffic light through this area because of this. It's a joke. And you can also see the difference in driving through Pinellas along 19 or any other road when compared to Pasco. Traffic flows smoothly down in Pinellas, although it is pretty busy as well. But as soon as you cross into Pasco, traffic becomes an absolute nightmare.
If they want more people to move here, they need to do more work to Pasco's roads, stop thinking that the solution to every problem intersection is to add a traffic light, and also clean up some of the empty and shoddy looking businesses that are everywhere. I mean, how long has the old Graffiti Beach building been sitting abandoned on Ridge Rd.? Or all the empty businesses, or all the run down homes around here? Come on, Pasco. Get with the times.
I love living in Pasco County but I have to agree with you on the traffic but it seems to be the same in Hillsborough County...the traffic lights are economicly not handled very well...maybe we had in Europe too many environment laws but the traffic light green zones, were very good. If you travel and keep to the speed limit and you are on lets say "Bruce B. Downs" ...it suppose to be that you can travel without stopping in front of every light...this is so badly handled and cost so much more gas and time!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:12 PM

849 posts, read 2,922,504 times
You said it. I lived in Los Angeles for 25 years, and they had the same setup- go 35 on a street and you will make every green light for 5 miles before you have to stop.
What cracks me up are all the people whining and reacting to "red light runners" and speeders. Let me say this much: people run red lights because they are SICK AND TIRED of stopping at every light and have done so for the past 5 lights, so the light turns yellow and they FLOOR IT to make it through and beat the red! Is it right? No. But is that why we have so many red light runners? Probably. Speeders? The same issue. People are tooling along doing 45, they see the light waaaaaay up ahead turn green. They figure, "I'll be damned if I am gonna hit that light when it turns red, let me speed up to get there before it does"...and for those of you who think that this DOESN'T go through the minds of people, ask a buddy of yours if they do it. And maybe even you can say you have done it for those very reasons. I know I have!
Do you think people would speed if they KNEW that all the lights on 19 or Little Rd. were timed so if they went 45 they made all the greens?? I think not...or they'd be very stupid to do so! In Cali, people sped on freeways, but the surface streets were controlled (except some areas of Ventura Blvd.), but if you got on Reseda or Tampa Rd., everyone would be setting their cruise controls for 35 and would nail every green light to the Simi Freeway! LOL.
Someone needs to smack Road and Bridge in the head, get them to sync the lights with new technology (so the EMS guys dont throw off the sync with their transmitters), and watch as accidents, speeders, red light runners, and traffic congestion in Pasco dwindle...not that difficult, is it??! What happened to Penny for Pasco??? I voted for that damn thing, and I kick myself every day for doing so. The only thing I see they do with that money is put some stupid traffic alert device up at US19 and Ridge Rd...WTF is up with that? We know the traffic blows...why do we need a huge illuminated sign telling us that? Duuuuummb!

Old 04-13-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
You said it. I lived in Los Angeles for 25 years, and they had the same setup- go 35 on a street and you will make every green light for 5 miles before you have to stop.
What cracks me up are all the people whining and reacting to "red light runners" and speeders. Let me say this much: people run red lights because they are SICK AND TIRED of stopping at every light and have done so for the past 5 lights, so the light turns yellow and they FLOOR IT to make it through and beat the red! Is it right? No. But is that why we have so many red light runners? Probably. Speeders? The same issue. People are tooling along doing 45, they see the light waaaaaay up ahead turn green. They figure, "I'll be damned if I am gonna hit that light when it turns red, let me speed up to get there before it does"...and for those of you who think that this DOESN'T go through the minds of people, ask a buddy of yours if they do it. And maybe even you can say you have done it for those very reasons. I know I have!
Do you think people would speed if they KNEW that all the lights on 19 or Little Rd. were timed so if they went 45 they made all the greens?? I think not...or they'd be very stupid to do so! In Cali, people sped on freeways, but the surface streets were controlled (except some areas of Ventura Blvd.), but if you got on Reseda or Tampa Rd., everyone would be setting their cruise controls for 35 and would nail every green light to the Simi Freeway! LOL.
Someone needs to smack Road and Bridge in the head, get them to sync the lights with new technology (so the EMS guys dont throw off the sync with their transmitters), and watch as accidents, speeders, red light runners, and traffic congestion in Pasco dwindle...not that difficult, is it??! What happened to Penny for Pasco??? I voted for that damn thing, and I kick myself every day for doing so. The only thing I see they do with that money is put some stupid traffic alert device up at US19 and Ridge Rd...WTF is up with that? We know the traffic blows...why do we need a huge illuminated sign telling us that? Duuuuummb!
I agree with you and you know what...all these signs above the road are making people use their brakes ....and you know what is also so dangerous...the people who have these stupid radar detectic devices in their car....They speed and all of a sudden they use their brakes so hard (when they hear the beep) that they can and will course an accident...
If they just would drive close to the speed limit they would have less stress and cause less stress to others, to avoid from getting in an accident with these stupid....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay