Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM

55 posts, read 233,636 times

Advertisements

Hi! I have 2 awesome kids. A 2 year old son with Down syndrome and a 1 year old daughter. We are sort of new to Largo, FL. I am from southern California, though my husband was born and raised in Seminole.
I was hoping to start meeting families with special needs children who are under 4. Would like to start a playgroup possibly in the near future and for now would like to at least share information and make friends ( online or in person )
As you know as parents of special kids we are blessed, however only other parents of special kids can truly know about certain experiences that are unique to us.
Anyways if there is anyone out there interested in starting an online group of local families with special kids ( or even adults with special needs) I would love to be a part of it
Didn't know where else to search. Hope this is not a bad post to put here.
Thanks,
Jessika
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,595,928 times
Hi Jessika! Grandma Karen here (so I'm no help...lol!). If you don't hear anything from the posters here, look on 10connects.com and click on Mom's Like Me. There are also some Mom groups on Meetup.com, too. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,456 times
Default from special mom

Not sure if this is the correct format but I am a mom of a special needs daughter who is 31 and we are new to Largo! I have been searching for people to talk to and share ideas too. We are from Illinois and there I was pretty involved in special needs issues but cannot find services here thru the State of Florida for my daughter. My daughter has Chromosome Ring 13 but she appears to be similar to Downs...Happy, outgoing, loving, and she speaks,runs, swims, helps around the house and is the family worrier! Would have time to speak on line but not much more as we are moving to another house in a couple of weeks. Possibly more time after that. Suzanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeska30 View Post
Hi! I have 2 awesome kids. A 2 year old son with Down syndrome and a 1 year old daughter. We are sort of new to Largo, FL. I am from southern California, though my husband was born and raised in Seminole.
I was hoping to start meeting families with special needs children who are under 4. Would like to start a playgroup possibly in the near future and for now would like to at least share information and make friends ( online or in person )
As you know as parents of special kids we are blessed, however only other parents of special kids can truly know about certain experiences that are unique to us.
Anyways if there is anyone out there interested in starting an online group of local families with special kids ( or even adults with special needs) I would love to be a part of it
Didn't know where else to search. Hope this is not a bad post to put here.
Thanks,
Jessika

Old 03-12-2010, 05:50 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,605,253 times
I am also new to Largo! I have a daughter that was very severely disabled and passed away almost four years ago. I also have an eight year old son who is high-functioning autistic. So I understand what it's like to live it.

I would love to be involved in something! My son is older, obviously, but I do have other (neurotypical) younger kids.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:12 PM

11 posts, read 28,934 times
What an amazing coincidence. I haven't looked on here in several weeks and finally tonight I decided to peek again and what do I see but my post from a while ago. Well I would love to get to know both parents who responded. Also Thanks to you TampaKaren, that is so sweet of you and I will definitely look up those sites.
If anyone else sees this and would like to email me, it is: jjeska25@yahoo.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: