Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cleanest/Neatest NE St Petersburg Neighborhood (Choose all that apply)
Central Ave to 22nd Ave 1 20.00%
22nd Ave to 38th or 40th Ave 2 40.00%
40th Ave to 62nd Ave 0 0%
62nd Ave to 78th Ave 0 0%
78th Ave to Gandy Blvd 0 0%
North of Gandy Blvd 1 20.00%
Would not consider NE St Petersburg 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:31 AM

48 posts, read 192,262 times

Advertisements

Looking for clean and well kept St. Petersburg or surrounding area neighborhood. I have been told that NE Petersburg has such neighborhoods and am looking for opinions. I do not care if it is rich, middle class, working class...just must have pride in homes. Thanks for feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 01:10 PM

489 posts, read 2,014,593 times
All of North St. Pete is fine. I don't care much for the Kenneth City area and the Haines Road corridor, but everything else is just fine. I used to live there and am there nearly weekly now as we make our way back. Best wishes.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:31 PM

381 posts, read 1,685,348 times
Just FYI, technically only anything East of 1st St. North is Northeast. All of the true Northeast neighborhoods are extremely nice and well-kept, if a little pricey. However, there are very nice places all over St. Pete, and it's very hard to define one place in particular which doesn't have nice areas. The Old Northeast section, which is pretty much between 22nd Ave N and 38th Ave N, East of 9th St, is also very nice. There are many older "historic" homes there, many roads are brick, and it's very nicely kept.

I don't think you're going to lose when it comes to St. Pete. Especially if you come and have a look around, it will become very clear which areas would fit you best. The city of St. Petersburg is not all that large, so it shouldn't take you very long to make a trip around to all the neighborhoods and see what you like.

Good Luck.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:49 PM

48 posts, read 192,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaby View Post
Just FYI, technically only anything East of 1st St. North is Northeast. All of the true Northeast neighborhoods are extremely nice and well-kept, if a little pricey. However, there are very nice places all over St. Pete, and it's very hard to define one place in particular which doesn't have nice areas. The Old Northeast section, which is pretty much between 22nd Ave N and 38th Ave N, East of 9th St, is also very nice. There are many older "historic" homes there, many roads are brick, and it's very nicely kept.

I don't think you're going to lose when it comes to St. Pete. Especially if you come and have a look around, it will become very clear which areas would fit you best. The city of St. Petersburg is not all that large, so it shouldn't take you very long to make a trip around to all the neighborhoods and see what you like.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the information. I came down over Thanksgiving to purchase in Sarasota until I discovered St Petersburg! I looked in the Jungle Prada area...but am going to lower my sights since I have had to drop the price of my home with the state of the market.

I did find areas in St Pete that were not as nice, though. I would find a beautiful street and one block over it was a mess. Mind you, that was not the norm...but mostly in the middle off Tyrone, I think it was. I didn't go any further north than Shore Acres...I do plan to look around though.

Thanks for any advice you be able to offer. It is certainly appreciated!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:43 AM

2 posts, read 24,117 times
I have been looking at all of the posts here for months now.They have been very helpful. I am planing to move to St. Petersburg ffrom Ohio sometime next year. I will rent a apt. Does anyone know anything about the Gateway area. I am thinking about renting at Inlet Bay apts any info please.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:10 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,348 times
I'm not familiar with Inlet Bay Apartments (probably because I've never needed to be), but the Gateway area is very nice and well-kept. I have not seen any "bad" parts of it. My sister lived near there for a few years, and we go there fairly often to shop at the Target and other stores on 9th street and 78th avenue. We also had a friend who lived in the Windjammer condos on Gandy Blvd. The only caution I would have is that Gandy Blvd. is extremely busy, so, if you're looking for quiet or suburban, try to find something at least a few blocks from it.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:05 PM

262 posts, read 937,493 times
I've lived in the St. Pete area for a long time and I think it's important to know the elevation of a place before you buy. Some streets around here flood easily, and the "wake" from cars trying to get through can cause trouble. If you phone City Hall, they can probably give you the information.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 24,117 times
Thank you for your reply. Inlet bay apts. is on 4th st. N How far is that from Gandy blvd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay