U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:37 AM

2,727 posts, read 4,672,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k101608 View Post
Budget plan?? Can you tell me a little about this...
Thanks
Budget plan is you pay an average for the entire year. You will pay more when you are not using too much and you will pay less when you are using too much. You can talk to your provider and see if they can do that for you.

What they basically do is look at you past year use pattern and smooth out the fluctuation. You can also do you it you self, just send more when your use is less and it credits you allowing to send less during hot summers (mine the highest at that time). I do that a lot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 AM

326 posts, read 1,211,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Budget plan is you pay an average for the entire year. You will pay more when you are not using too much and you will pay less when you are using too much. You can talk to your provider and see if they can do that for you.

What they basically do is look at you past year use pattern and smooth out the fluctuation. You can also do you it you self, just send more when your use is less and it credits you allowing to send less during hot summers (mine the highest at that time). I do that a lot.
Thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 28,328,555 times
Can't you ask the electric company what the previous tennant's montly rate was to get a guestimate what you'll be paying? (Of course, people use different amts depending on a/c setting, appliances, etc).

Old 04-20-2009, 12:44 PM

I don't think they could give out that info...

Old 04-20-2009, 01:32 PM

68 posts, read 255,614 times
I'm on the budget plan with Progress Energy. This is the amount they have come up with to bill for their budget plan. I approximated what the actual is from looking at my bill for the month. When I first moved to Florida 2yr ago my bills were right around $90. to $120.mo. depending on the time of year. I called and asked if their was a budget plan and this is what they came up with. It works for me!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:25 PM

2,637 posts, read 11,667,468 times
If you are renting, make sure you ask how old the AC unit is. I learned the hard way that an old AC unit can cost more than twice as much to run as a newer unit. This is the difference between a summertime bill around $150 and one around $350. No exaggeration. (2 people, top floor unit, 1 bedroom plus loft, partial shade on roof, washer/dryer, dishwasher) The power company will tell you how much the power bill averages on a particular rental unit - remember that generally our summer bills are significantly higher than the winter bills.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM

2,727 posts, read 4,672,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakityyak View Post
I'm on the budget plan with Progress Energy. This is the amount they have come up with to bill for their budget plan. I approximated what the actual is from looking at my bill for the month. When I first moved to Florida 2yr ago my bills were right around $90. to $120.mo. depending on the time of year. I called and asked if their was a budget plan and this is what they came up with. It works for me!
That's interesting! Anyways, good for you.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:52 PM

68 posts, read 255,614 times
I just looked at my most recent bill and my actual use was 609 kwh , $87.71. 3-10-09 to 4-7-09with a totla due of $59.00...go figure! I don't get it either but thats what they charge me.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
If you are renting, make sure you ask how old the AC unit is. I learned the hard way that an old AC unit can cost more than twice as much to run as a newer unit. This is the difference between a summertime bill around $150 and one around $350. No exaggeration. (2 people, top floor unit, 1 bedroom plus loft, partial shade on roof, washer/dryer, dishwasher) The power company will tell you how much the power bill averages on a particular rental unit - remember that generally our summer bills are significantly higher than the winter bills.
That is so true... that happend to one of our neighbors. They had an old AC that was giving her over $200 electric bill. Eventually the AC broke down and the landlord had to replace it. Once the AC was replaced her bill came down a significant amount.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:54 AM

16 posts, read 72,319 times
I have heard of the budget plan here in Michigan where I live. The way it works here is, they average what your last years bills were and then somehow come up with a number, so instead of paying 300.00 in the winter months, and then 70.00 in the summer they have you pay one price all year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay