U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 AM

15,961 posts, read 33,714,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Concrete block with stucco, maybe a little more than average insulation for a 2005 home and keep french doors by pool open for breeze.
Mine is also concrete block with stucco - mine however was built in 1954, it's built like a little bunker, real quality construction. Also have vaulted ceilings in the living room, and we live 2 blocks from Sarasota Bay, so we always have a nice breeze.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 05:27 PM

46 posts, read 176,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu1224 View Post
My family and I (2 adults and 7 yr old) are moving to Tampa in July. We are moving into a 2 bedroom apt (950 sq feet), washer/dryer, dishwasher, central air. We are trying to get a rough idea of what the electric bill is in Tampa...any help from anyone would greatly be appreciated....Thanks to everyone in advance!!!!
You are coming at the worse time of the year for electric bills. We had a similar sized apartment with washer and dryer, dishwasher, central air. Our electric bill ran from 150.00-165.00. You have a child so yours will be higher. Add to that, my wife and I work in the hospitality biz and work at night so we use less lightning than the usual family. We are moving back to NJ for better pay and cheper housing. Good luck hope you like it better than us.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:23 PM

17,802 posts, read 22,541,348 times
You do not get a breeze here most of the year unless a storm is coming. Most people have the AC on from April until well into Nov.

You cannot open a window a get a cool breeze here.

Be aware several posters on here are realtors and will tell you anything if they think they can get a commission.

We have a 2500 square foot house and we average $250 to $300 a month and we are conservative with the A/C.

Never lower than 77 degrees and use ceiling fans to help push the air around.

But you cannot live here most of the year and not have the A/C on.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM

8,488 posts, read 18,837,381 times
Being as I am the only Realtor that posted in this thread I will respond.

If you live in a built up area you are not going to get as much of a breeze if you are surrounded by other homes. When I lived in Clearwater I had a 7th floor condo on the bay and we got a great breeze. Almost never used the a/c and that includes the summer.

Second, the OP already said they had an apartment rented. Yep, big commission opportunity there for me. Some of us post to give people useful information and are not paranoid about what other posters put on here.

You may need to check your insulation levels and the seals around your doors and windows if you bill is that high and you are conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay