Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM

149 posts, read 467,304 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting Palm Harbor and have been checking the area out quite a bit. I wouldn't mind living here at all, but the drive into Tampa everyday would be intolerable. The area considered S.Tampa is nice, but who wants to pay the premium rents they want? I mean, $1500 for a 2bdr? I actually didn't even see many apartment complexes, mostly single family homes or duplexes. I'd like to spend ~$800 for a 1bdrm or $1100 for 2.

Where should I look for a compromise between distance to downtown and price? Oldsmar is a little closer and seems to have plenty of rentals, but it's still probably a half hour from DT and most likely a nightmare during rush. Basically I'm looking for that sweet inbetween place.

What about the area off to the right and left of the courtney campbell as you leave Tampa? I saw big rental signs + they had water views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS1 View Post
I'm visiting Palm Harbor and have been checking the area out quite a bit. I wouldn't mind living here at all, but the drive into Tampa everyday would be intolerable. The area considered S.Tampa is nice, but who wants to pay the premium rents they want? I mean, $1500 for a 2bdr? I actually didn't even see many apartment complexes, mostly single family homes or duplexes. I'd like to spend ~$800 for a 1bdrm or $1100 for 2.

Where should I look for a compromise between distance to downtown and price? Oldsmar is a little closer and seems to have plenty of rentals, but it's still probably a half hour from DT and most likely a nightmare during rush. Basically I'm looking for that sweet inbetween place.

What about the area off to the right and left of the courtney campbell as you leave Tampa? I saw big rental signs + they had water views.
The area on teh CAsueway is known as Rocky POint and there are a few complexes there, Post Apartments always has specials.

For $800 for one bedroom and $1100 for two in South Tampa, look at the Cove off Westshore Blvd near Euclid Ave, it sits right on the Bay, as well as some Camden communities along Westshore(there are three). In south tampa, it also may be best to check out tbo.com or craigslist to find a condo or townehome in the area as well. There are complexes near Gandy Blvd at Himes Avenue(one on Himes north of Gandy behind Publix, and south of Gandy)...there are many small "melrose" place type apartments in south tampa as well, sometimes its best to drive, bike, walk around each street in an area you desire to live and look for "For Rent" signs, or even better, work with a realtor that specializes in rentals for that area. Most of my friends that live in apartments in the SOuth Tampa area are paying less than 800 for a one bedroom in nice areas(Davis Islands, Hyde Park, Palma Ceia, South Westshore)...

Old 04-23-2009, 04:52 PM

149 posts, read 467,304 times
Thanks for the info tampaguy.

I will look further into your suggestions and check some of those places out. I agree with the walking or biking, it's just way to hard to scope things out on all those one way streets when the roads are jammed and people are up your ass.

I really don't see anything wrong with those apartments off the causeway, especially if they offer more value than S.Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay