Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:50 PM

338 posts, read 1,012,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh62 View Post
Hi everyone....we are from Canada and will be in Clearwater next week and the long range forecast is predicting thunderstorms. Should I be worried? How bad do the storms get this time of year? Very nervous about it and would appreciate any info. Thanks so much!
Let us know how your vacation went. I bet your having a great time, rain or no rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:36 AM

8 posts, read 24,203 times
Back from our vacation in Clearwater. Although it did rain every single day with the last two days being total washout with rain and cold temps, we still had a great time. We did some of the attractions...loved the dolphins...enjoyed the many restaurants...great seafood but more pricey than we expected. Took the bus all the way down to pass-a-grill. Clearwater is very beautiful...but also very touristy and expensive. The people there are very friendly. Didn't really get to enjoy the Florida sunshine...(only 2 1/2 days out of 7) but I guess you guys needed the rain...and you sure got it while we were there.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,400,375 times
I'm sorry we all told it would be fine, but it wasnt' . The weather we've had this last week is WAY out of the norm. Glad you still had some fun.

Quote:
Back from our vacation in Clearwater. Although it did rain every single day with the last two days being total washout with rain and cold temps, we still had a great time. We did some of the attractions...loved the dolphins...enjoyed the many restaurants...great seafood but more pricey than we expected. Took the bus all the way down to pass-a-grill. Clearwater is very beautiful...but also very touristy and expensive. The people there are very friendly. Didn't really get to enjoy the Florida sunshine...(only 2 1/2 days out of 7) but I guess you guys needed the rain...and you sure got it while we were there.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,792 times
Quote:
I am so glad you had a good time. Yes Clearwater is touristy and expensive.

I am sorry you had the 2 days of VERY UNUSUAL rainy days. I can count on one hand how many days we have had like that in the 4 years I have been down here.

Did you and your family have a favorite activity, restaurnat, etc?

Next time you should come down in the winter. Most Canadians love it here in the winter. The water is too cold for most of us, but you would probably think it is warm. You would see why Florida is called the sunshine state then.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM

338 posts, read 1,012,200 times
Quote:
Well none of us would have predicted that much rain in one week considering what it was like recently. Sorry that put a damper on some of your activities, that's nature for you.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:32 PM

8 posts, read 24,203 times
Despite the rain...we still had a fantastic time. It was such a great experience for my family. We spent alot of quality time together. We went on the Little Toot to see the dolphins and we absolutely loved seeing them play with the waves of the boat in their natural environment. It was so awesome and something we'll never forget. We went on a boat cruise that took us to the island where we got to go snorkling and look for shells. We touched the stingrays at the aquariam and saw Winter too. Just seeing the pelicans and large fish and the lizards and the beautiful palm trees is something so out of the ordinary for us as we don't have any of those things where we are from. We ate at different restaurants every night but Frenchy's grouper sandwich was one of our favorites. We also took the bus to John's pass and did some shopping and saw all the other beaches...although it was raining...along the coast. Clearwater Beach is so beautiful...I just keep looking at my photos over and over. The people who live and work there were so nice and friendly to us Canadians. Thank you...you guys have been great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay