Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:04 PM

54 posts, read 170,087 times

Advertisements

So I am looking for some people who know a little something about this school. Im moving to Tampa and was going to originally attend Hillsborough Community College but I have read so many negative reviews on that schoold saying to never step foot on the campus.....I decided to look elsewhere. My major is Business Administration with a minor in Human Resource Management. I am wanting some feedback from past students or just someone who might know how their Business programs are. I am also looking for a very active a fun school environment. Even though I will not be living on campus, I was curious as to how many clubs or groups the university offered. Anyone who wants to throw in some info I would be extremely grateful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 04:22 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,240,813 times
Im assuming your taking about the university of south florida? dont mean to be picky but some schools all sound the same to me haha. Its an aweseome school. There are tons of programs and things to do. Id highly recomend it. There football team is damn good as well so that always makes for fun weekends

Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM

Yes I was referring to South Florida. That is good to hear. It would be nice to attend a school with a good football team

Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM

86 posts, read 237,116 times
If you're accepted at USF...go there. I work with a number of alumni from USF, honestly, amongst the best & brightest I have met at my firm. No personal experience on my part, however. Good luck.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:15 PM

725 posts, read 2,572,328 times
My son goes there. He loves it. Everything is very organized and easy. His brother will be transferring down in the fall. Ever since he was admitted he says "I LOVE COLLEGE!"
Go Bulls!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 PM

These comments are extremely helpful everyone!! Thank you guys very much

Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,901 times
I have a son in his 4th year in one of the USF Engineering programs. This is an enormous, and I mean gigantic campus, with tons of activities. There is plenty of public and campus transportation. There are dozens of stores and a beautiful park nearby. The beaches are less than an hour away. They also have several satellite campuses, and have plans for more.

As a Fl resident, the tuition is one of the best deals anywhere. I understand it will be going up, but compared to so many other universities, it is still a bargain.

As a very picky and particular mom, I highly recommend USF.

I want to say something about community colleges. They are a fantastic stepping stone and can save a student a lot of money. My son went to one to get all the generic courses required. I also talked him into taking several clep exams, then his credits were transferred to USF. He will graduate next year with no debt.

I wish you the best of luck in your decision.

Last edited by baseballgal; 05-13-2009 at 09:56 PM..

Old 05-14-2009, 09:12 AM

I agree with you there, community colleges are the best route to take. I just finished up a semester at a community college actually. I wanted to continue at Hillsborough CC down in Tampa, however the reviews were horrible!! Does anyone know another community college in a surrounding area of Tampa??

Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 AM

540 posts, read 1,329,901 times
Don't count out HCC yet. There are 6 campuses. I can't imagine one campus is so terrible that I couldn't put up with it for a semester if it had needed classes and was very convenient.

Here's a link and a map

Hillsborough Community College

Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 AM

28 posts, read 74,985 times
I work at USF and I can tell you it is a pretty great school. The B-school has a very good reputation, with their MBA focus in Entrepreneurship being rated one of the best.

The school is growing extremely fast and its fun to be a part of it. Just a few years ago I could go to a Bulls football game on a whim, walk up to the ticket window, get a ticket and sit wherever I wanted. No more. Like you said, USF is quickly becoming a Big East/nationally known athletic powerhouse, and the energy here is great. There is a ton of stuff to do with organizations and clubs. Pres. Genshaft is great and in my opinion will only take the school to bigger and better places, and there is a strong alumni presence in the bay area.

It's not without problems though. Classes are big (at least the entry levels) and parking can be scarce.

To your latest question, I don't know of any other CC's in the area other than HCC.

Look into USF-St. Pete too...I think you had asked about that campus previously. Its beautiful, but its not one where you can take some classes there and others at the main campus. You pretty much have to choose one or the other as it is right now. I think they have substantially smaller classes, but not as many offerings as the main. Again, USF has a great Biz school.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay