U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 08:13 AM

16 posts, read 72,017 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am from Michigan and am one of the thousands that want to move south to bask in the warmth of Florida . I have been doing alot of research on areas, schools, jobs etc...I have also traveled to Florida numerous times to vacation. My family and I (my husband 32,myself 30, and our two children 8 and 11) plan on moving in the next year or so. Can any one tell me how the insurance rates are in Florida?? We have Priority Health HMO and we pay almost 200.00 monthly for our family, are the rates comparable at all??? Also, any help with rental insurance and car insurance would be helpfull too. I am leaning towards Tampa area, we want to be close to the water, and somewhere in the city, as we are used to living in the city here in Michigan. Any help will be much appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,223,572 times
Your questions are too vague, because rates between families and individuals vary extensively depending on health factors, company size, etc. Personally, I have lived on the east coast, midwest and florida, and have always paid close to double what you pay for family health insurance, and we are all very healthy.
Same goes with car insurance, it depends on the type of car you drive, the year, and your past tickets/accidents, so me giving you rates would not apply. I would just call around to get the most accurate quote.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay