Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 10:56 PM

191 posts, read 665,861 times

Advertisements

I looked in Naples and its very nice but................too old for me and not too family oriented I came to find out. Also lots of crime farther out in the Estates where I liked the homes.

I was thinking of Tampa or Sarasoda or anywhere else that can be suggested.

I am used to being in a big city but in the suburbs. I want great schools and Safe neighborhoods.

I need something by august and I see many listings due to forclosures

I can spend 170k

I just want advice on the best location thats close to beaches...shopping..hospitals...good schools........safe.....nice newer homes.........that are 1500plus in size. I need to decide and buy soon.

any advice is appriciated.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM

86 posts, read 237,029 times
Lutz, Land O Lakes, Wesley Chapel, New Tampa, Brandon, Riverview

Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM

14 posts, read 28,023 times
I agree with imguytpa for the newer homes in your price range. 170k in say Clearwater would only get you a 50s style 2/2/2 most likely which is where I live. The areas above aren't as close to the beach so it just depends on what is most important to you. I don't have any kids so I can't really say much about school districts. Hope this helps!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 9,445 times
the closer you are to the beach the pricer the homes. Imguytpa is right with the areas he recomends, they have alll that you are looking for, new homes,good prices, safer neighborhoods and better schools. The con? far from the beach but unless you have your own business and can go to the beach everyday I don't think paying the price is worth. Old, small homes, low income negihborhood mixed with better subdivisions.....

Let us know if you need more help.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
If you don't need newer and are prepared to do a little work there are homes in Seminole 3/2/2 close to beaches, in good areas, in foreclosure, in good school district, in safe environment and not in flood zones or evac zones. You are just not going to get new. They will be liveable, but maybe a little updating needed. I have seen a 3/2/1 for $179,000 in my area. It's not bad either.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:35 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Keep in mind and realtors won't tell you this, when you purhcase a foreclosure you are responsible for the back taxes.

You need to do your homework and see what the former owner owed on the taxes.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
If you are buying a foreclosure, the realtor you are working with should be finding all this out for you from the banks, and can research what is owed on taxes too. A good realtor is there to avoid you doing the homework and getting nasty surprises. Don't mistake ethical realtors for real estate salespeople with little experience, and working maybe for a bank exclusively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay