Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 PM

26 posts, read 79,538 times

Advertisements

I live in Pinellas County and have gone down to St. Pete many times. I really like it there but I'd also like to see more of Tampa. I'm just not sure where to go. Ybor is pretty much the OPPOSITE of my kind of scene. But I've been there, Tampa Theatre, the St. Pete Times Forum, Busch Gardens, and Westshore area. That's all I've seen. So what areas am I missing? What is a 'must-see' in or around Tampa? And are there surrounding areas I need to experience? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,638,140 times
I think you have hit most or all the "touristy" things in Tampa. There are other nice things to do, that a tourist may not have time to do in a week.

Example, on Friday morning and early afternoon is the Gaslight farmers market. Hot air ballooning, learn to scuba dive (i.e. Calypso), Canoe Escapes (canoe down the Hillsborough river), Lettuce Lake Park, Lowry Park Zoo, bike paths like Flatwoods in New Tampa, etc. There is a theatre on Dale Mabry called Tampa Picture show. You can order food and watch a movie. You sit at tables. There is something similar, but it is newer and probably nicer than Tampa Picture Show, in the mall in Wesley Chapel on 54 (not the new Wiregrass mall). You can check out the website creativeloafing.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 AM

190 posts, read 648,276 times
channelside, crabby bills you can rent see doos.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 AM

101 posts, read 528,726 times
You can blow half a day up at the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks (and get some excellent Greek food), or take a day trip North to Hernando county to either Weeki Wachee Springs or Homosassa Springs (the latter is farther North, but a better nature park in my opinion).

Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 AM

26 posts, read 79,538 times
I've done a few of those things but not much. I'll be sure to try to check out some of the suggestions you made.

Thanks.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:14 PM

63 posts, read 283,297 times
Check out Skipper's Smokehouse. We go every year...great food and drinks but the main thing is amazing live music of many different varities plus different neat things like book signings. Freaker's Ball at Halloween is a real trip!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:32 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,074,999 times
There is a neat farmer's market in Ybor every Sat AM. Go early and get some cuban toast and cuban coffee. Then tour the Casitas or go on a history tour..

Check out Safety Harbor.. Nice little downtown with some interesting shops.
Ride the Ferry to Caladesi Island

Go up to Itchetucknee Springs and go tubing
Main Page - Ichetucknee Springs State Park » Florida State Parks

Old 03-16-2012, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 4,518 times
Check out this site for best place in Tampa. [url=http://www.wheretogointampa.com]Where To Go In Tampa | Tampa Nightlife, Happy Hour, Dining and Events[/url

Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,374,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TImboH72 View Post
Check out this site for best place in Tampa. [url=http://www.wheretogointampa.com]Where To Go In Tampa | Tampa Nightlife, Happy Hour, Dining and Events[/url
you bumped an almost-3-year-old thread, btw.

oh... go spend an afternoon walking around tarpon springs. buy a sponge, eat some baklava.

do the walking tour at big cat rescue. see some majestic kitties who want to eat you. lots of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay