U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 11:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,974 times

Advertisements

I am currently in the process of deciding on where to go to graduate school. I am down to USF or going to U. of Illinois in Chicago. I am committing to 6 years wherever I go so I would like to make a decision that I won't regret. I am a 23 SWM and was curious as to what the nightlife/singleslife is like in Tampa. I have a good idea of what it would be like in Chicago but am not so sure about Tampa. Also it seems like the beaches (clearwater/st. pete) are nice but what is the typical population like. Are these areas more of a family or older population or are there plenty of younger individuals as well? Thanks to all who choose to help out
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM

1,824 posts, read 7,803,481 times
Read some of my threads such as "Why Tampa"..I went to college here and never looked back(from NY)..sure I like to visit the bigger cities, just dont want to live there..South Tampa areas(Hyde Park, Davis Islands, Harbour Island, Channelside, Ybor City, Westshore) will boast the best singles scene in my opinion. Tampa is no way Chicago, but I consider it a very scalled down version of a big city, cause you have alot of the amenties-World Class Airport, National Sports Teams, Major Concerts/Festivals, Neighborhoods, Night Life - just on a smaller scale. October to May weather is like paradise, June thru September are HOT/HUMID. People are from all over, again, South Tampa has a younger scene, families are mostly in the burbs, retirees are all over. St. Pete has a more cultural feel, nice downtown, but an older population although this is changing also. The beaches and coominities oni the beach have many retirees, tourists and beach locals residents.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:23 PM

286 posts, read 948,920 times
Tampaguy hit it right on the head. The nightlife is wicked fast here, but a huge gamma level world city like Chicago's will obviously be faster. However, the weather, crime, traffic etc are all much better in Tampa. The city of Tampa is much more livable than the Chi, NYC, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or