Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times

Advertisements

Slain Land O' Lakes teen lived motto: 'Go Big'

I don't know the family or any involved...and feel sorry what this family and their friends are going through!
Having said this, by reading the article I couldn't stop thinking why didn't the parents do anything about this kid....he was wandering the neighborhood after drinking holding some ones mailbox under his arm...Isn't that a crime, maybe vandalism...and being drunk ...where were the parents and how much fun is it to have this story told at his funeral........it only shows something was wrong and of course he didn't deserve to die for that, but living "Big" can be dangerous...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 11:35 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
It is called white trash. I saw the article as well, the brother in his eulogy talked about how his dead brother knocked over mailboxes and walked around drunk.

He was a junior in HS. Yet they thought it was ok that he was out at 2am at house party with underage drinking with 40 other teens.

You have a subculture of people here who think living like this is normal.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:24 PM

Maybe now the owners of the stolen mailbox know where to go to get the money for the new mailbox they had to buy...

Old 06-20-2009, 10:30 AM

Really. It shows how ignorant these people are. To talk in a eulogy about someone committing crimes and thinking it is funny.

And not even getting the fact that it is inappopriate and also paints a picture of this kid as troublemaker.

He was clearly going down the wrong path, but the parents let him run around till all hours of the night. Then they're shocked when he gets shot at 2am in a street fight.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 9,243 times
Wow. You guys are so focused on the fact that he was acting like a teenager that you are completely not seeing that in his eulogy they also talked about how he was a wake boarder and played motocross. He was also loved by not only his parents but many of his friends parents as well. No, his stealing of a mailbox was not correct, but it doesn't automatically make him a bad person. Or were you the type of child/teen that made no mistakes and did nothing wrong?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,495 times
I'm glad he had fun in the brief time he was here.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:52 AM

He probable did more fun and more bad things....He lived "big" as the family stated...Doesn't that say enough!

And to answer one posters question...No, I haven't wander the neighborhood as a teenager, wasn't drunk as a teenager or allowed to drink alcohol when the law didn't allow it...but than I have to say I grew up in Europe and alcohol is allowed to teenagers and many parents give some wine at the dinner table of a special occassion, but that is like half a glass at home...and not hanging out side.
I didn't vandalize other peoples property...and "YES" we had fun, but in a different way!

If fun is to break the law or to hang out at 2 am in the streets, than you must have missed out on a lot of simple fun things, who are just as much fun and don't kill you at the age of 17 or get you into that risk factor!

Old 06-21-2009, 04:55 PM

This kid was shot dead after attending an underage drinking party at 2am.

If this happened in South St. Pete and he was black it wouldn't even get much mention.

This is now the 6th violent death in a year in Land o Lakes regarding a teenager.

Something very wrong with parents who allow their kids to run wild till all hours of the night.

This kid was on the wrong path and nobody bothered to do anything about it. His own brother said he was frequently drunk and stole mailboxes for fun.

It is tragic he is dead, but this was very avoidable.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:02 PM

56 posts, read 143,726 times
To shoot ANYONE dead is deplorable! My prayers go out to his family.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:30 PM

428 posts, read 1,242,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
It is called white trash. I saw the article as well, the brother in his eulogy talked about how his dead brother knocked over mailboxes and walked around drunk.

He was a junior in HS. Yet they thought it was ok that he was out at 2am at house party with underage drinking with 40 other teens.

You have a subculture of people here who think living like this is normal.
Amen. Often you'll get people excusing this lifestyle as "kids will be kids." What the h-e-double-hocky-sticks? I didn't do this crap and neither did my friends. I knew people who did and guess what- they weren't my friends for that reason.

We're falling down at so many levels it isn't even funny. Parenting is apparently a lost concept. Kids having any whiff of maturity or knowledge of right and wrong before the age of 25 is apparently a thing of the past.

In short, folks... we're screwed. The "greatest generation" is dying off rapidly. The baby boomers, well... sure, we can probably count on them in large part. But my generation (35 and under)... sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay